Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #1

Hello from Upstate New York!!

Hi Jayco Forum group, nice to meet everyone!!

My name is Wendy, my husbands name is Kevin, and we live in Upstate NY. For anyone familiar with the area, we are about mid point between Syracuse and Utica in a rural area close to Oneida Lake. We just celebrated our 31st anniversary in June, and have 2 beautiful daughters, a great son in law and a 'soon to be' son in law. We have been Blessed with 2 wonderful grandchildren (5 yr. old grand daughter & 2 yr. old grand son) who are the absolute light of our lives. I can't forget to mention our 5 yr. old Rottweiler and big baby, Vixen, who will be doing lots of traveling with us.

We just purchased our very first travel trailer, a 2007 Jayco Jayflight 31BHDS, and a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD to haul it. I created an album with pics of the trailer, and will be adding the truck soon. It's very late in the season here, so we won't be getting out on the road until spring. We have never owned, hauled or set up any type of camper before, so we gladly welcome any help, tips, tricks and advice along with recommendations on vacation spots and supplies that you feel are 'must-haves'.

We are so excited and anxious to get started, and are looking forward to many happy and fun filled years ahead, and making new friends and new memories!!

Be safe, God Bless and Happy Camping everyone!! ~ Kevin, Wendy & Vixen ~
WarnerWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum.
Great folks here willing to share their experience and expertise.
Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, I grew up near Watertown. Spent many a day in Syracuse before moving to Northeast Ohio. You in a very nice beautiful area that would be awesome to camp in. I hope to get up that way to spend a extended camping trip.

Enjoy your purchase! Don't forget to ask any questions you have, we were all newbies once.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #4

Welcome. We are located between Syracuse and Utica in upstate NY. Hope you enjoy this site as much as we have. Some really good folks on here. By the way, there are quite a few on here located between Syracuse and Utica.

Hope you have a GREAT time in that Rig.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #5

Hi Wendy,
Just closed up our summer place in Cape Vincent on the River and drove back to Bellingham Wa.. Just bought a Jayco EXP21M for the West Coast of this beautiful country and get to know the west coast beaches and state parks of Oregon and Cal. Bought a mule, Touareg TDI that can tow 7700 lbs. so shouldn't be a problem. Lived in Rochester for 30 years+and Victor NY for another 8 years, spent more than 20 summers at the islands and never saw it all! You are going to have sooo much fun with your 31BHDS that even pinching yourself won't be enough! OH, I almost forgot the Finger lakes that are fantastic in all 4 seasons. When your in Naples, in the fall make sure you eat and buy some Grape Pies to take home for the winter months.
Gary
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #6

Welcome! We are north of Syracuse, near Oswego. You'll love the camper. You won't love the fuel costs! Expect to get between 8 - 10 mpg but the memories are priceless. Read through the manuals for the camper and get familiar with everything and then ask specific questions. Really not too hard to setup. The hardest part is getting to the campgrounds.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote