Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2015, 06:17 AM   #1

My wife and I just bought a used (1996) model 1206kb. We've been working on sprucing it up for its first excursion with us. Being nearly 20 years old, it has some issues but so far none that seem insurmountable.

We're finding that the previous owner was a little lax in the information he gave us on how things work and we are also finding that the owner's manual could be better. Still, finding out how things are supposed to work is somewhat of an adventure for us.

We're both hoping that we'll be able to learn more from this forum and as times go by, perhaps we'll be able to contribute to some future new owner's questions.

outrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #2
Trial and error is sometimes the best way. We seem to remember more when we figure it out ourselves. You can't really hurt anything. Lots of switches not labeled in our new unit. Just have to push them and see what comes up or starts up. We bought a label machine just for that purpose. That was a big help. Lots of help on here also and you tube has a wealth of video information. Have fun and make lots of great memories!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Welcome! Sometimes learning is half the fun, and I agree with namsumc65, I tend to have a better memory if I figure something out on my own. That said, there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here that are always glad to help, so don't be shy about asking questions.
Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2016 Eagle 323LKTS
2016 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2015 White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition (Traded)
robkelly is online now   Reply With Quote