Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2017, 08:10 PM   #1

New 400w

All,
We are going from a thor ACE 30.1 to a seismic 400w. We will be long term for a few months and wanted the extra space. I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers.
Firstly, it's a new 2016 model. I'm very happy with the price, but it's been on the lot for 2 years. Are there any concerns that I should be aware of. I'm going to do an extensive walk through. I've owned a new RV for 2 years so I "think" I'll know what to look for.
Secondly, the unit has a side patio. This is something the wife and I really want. Do you know of any known issues/concerns with this? If you have one, have you been able to use those without it interfering with other sites?Next, what is the best

[QUOTE=heath_hambon;3442709]All,
We are going from a thor ACE 30.1 to a seismic 400w. We will be long term for a few months and wanted the extra space. I have a few questions that I can't seem to find answers.
Firstly, it's a new 2016 model. I'm very happy with the price, but it's been on the lot for 2 years. Are there any concerns that I should be aware of. I'm going to do an extensive walk through. I've owned anew RV for 2 years so I "think" I'll know what to look for.
Secondly, the unit has a side patio. This is something the wife and I really want. Do you know of any known issues/concerns with this? If you have one, have you been able to use those without it interfering with other sites?Next, what is the best brand for 110v stackable washer/dryer? I lm hoping to do a decent load and not have it take the entire day. Is that out of the question? That's about all I can think of right now. Please share any knowledge you may have and thank you

Heath

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Heath_Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #2

Congratulations on the Seismic and welcome to the forum.

You got it for a good price, now you need to be sure it works good, too. Since you are not a newbie, you know enough to do a very thorough PDI of the AC, heating, and water systems. And, since it was on the lot for 2 years, you'll probably take a close look at the seals and run the slides in and out more than once.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Congratulations on the Seismic and welcome to the forum.

You got it for a good price, now you need to be sure it works good, too. Since you are not a newbie, you know enough to do a very thorough PDI of the AC, heating, and water systems. And, since it was on the lot for 2 years, you'll probably take a close look at the seals and run the slides in and out more than once.
Thank you. I already caught a slide problem and it's going to delay the pickup by 3 weeks. Going to checkout the heat pump/ac. I almost wish I could fill the tanks and check for leaks. I'm super excited though. We are handy, but I want to make sure that everything is 100% when we take delivery.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:14 AM   #4

Congrats and welcome to JOF!
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath_Hambone View Post
Thank you. I already caught a slide problem and it's going to delay the pickup by 3 weeks. Going to checkout the heat pump/ac. I almost wish I could fill the tanks and check for leaks. I'm super excited though. We are handy, but I want to make sure that everything is 100% when we take delivery.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a new Jayco! When we picked our unit up from the dealer, they had filled the FW tank so that we could test all the faucets, toilet, hot water heater, and check for leaks, etc., during the PDI. Then I drained the gray & black tanks of the water. You should be able to test everything you want during the PDI. Have fun!
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on getting a new Jayco! When we picked our unit up from the dealer, they had filled the FW tank so that we could test all the faucets, toilet, hot water heater, and check for leaks, etc., during the PDI. Then I drained the gray & black tanks of the water. You should be able to test everything you want during the PDI. Have fun!
Awesome. I will. Super excited.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Site Team

CONGRATULATIONS on the JAYCO!!!

...and WELCOME TO JOF!!! The members here are GREAT!!! There is a lot of GREAT information to be found here. I am sure that you will have information and pictures to share with us... so please do!!

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote