Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhoth View Post
Now I noticed something new the fan in the converter is making a pretty loud squealing noise. Has anyone else had a problem with a loud fan in the converter?
Some folks may not read this thread because of it's title. Try re-posting your converter question in the tech talk forum
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #22

i have the exact,same camper,and all my stuff was in there..i'd sure demand it.
i dont like the carpet tho..
jwb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #23

Quote:
... besides the flat pitched electric awning, that's really the only thing I don't like.
The Jayco G2 29BHS has a flat pitch awning?? no way of angling it, left right or down? what happens in a downpour? What about anchoring the awning to the ground using an awning hold down strap kit?
I always angle our awning on our current Coachman and we had a major downpour camping last year, water just flowed off nicely to one side and the hold down kit kept the awning from flying off or getting damaged in the strong winds.
troy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy76 View Post
The Jayco G2 29BHS has a flat pitch awning?? no way of angling it, left right or down? what happens in a downpour? What about anchoring the awning to the ground using an awning hold down strap kit?
I always angle our awning on our current Coachman and we had a major downpour camping last year, water just flowed off nicely to one side and the hold down kit kept the awning from flying off or getting damaged in the strong winds.

The 2010 g2 model had the flat pitched (not sure 'bout the '11).

NO way of angling it. That year model did come with an "auto dump" feature for when it rains.

Can't have it out even with a slight breeze. As for using a tie-down, we would use that if we could but it's too high up to get the strap up there, so we haven't used one.

No shading because it can't be adjusted, so we got one of those vinyl-coated polyester mesh Patty O'Shade (that slide into the awning slot when awning is extended) that hangs from the awning. It provides shade nicely.

Denise is offline   Reply With Quote