Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Smile Should I buy a 32BHDS?? And where?

Hello Friends,

I live in Manitoba and am new to the Forum.

I want a trailer having sold my smaller Class C. I like the layout of the 32BHDS, but I am concerned when I read, in the forums, about quality control issues at Jayco. Are they that bad, or is it just that people only post the bad things (i.e. vent a lot) whereas the happly owners simply don't post as much.

Second, my dealer here in Manitoba is approximately $7,000 more expensive than I can buy in the neighboring province, Ontario. Yes, you read right, $7,000 dollars after freight, PDI, etc. I like to support local, but that is a lot of money. Its a long way to drive to Toronto, though (think 3 days) to pick up a trailer. Any thoughts, especially as regards getting warranty service here. If the local dealer won't provide service, is there any precedent for Jayco autorizing another dealer (not Jayco) to provide local service.

Thanks, glad to be here.

Ensign.
ensign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #2

I am also a Manitoban. I think you meant to say the trailer is cheaper in Ontario.
What we did is that we approached the Manitoba dealer with the ad from the Ontario dealer. We asked them to do their best price for us, or we would buy in Ontario.
As we worked on the deal, it came to light that the price advertised in Ontario was not including $1800.00 of admin fees etc. ( I found this out by asking the Ontario dealer straight up) Plus there was the shipping if we got it shipped.
In the end we bought our trailer in Manitoba because the price difference once our dealer came down, and you added in the admin fees and shipping.. was not as big a difference as it originally appeared. Plus I liked the idea of doing the walkthrough and getting warranty work done locally. We have had a good experience with this dealer so far and we are picking up our new trailer at the end of the month.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #3

Ensign,

Contact RV Direct and request a quote. They'll send you something within a couple of hours and you'll be armed with a good negotiating tool to get your trailer locally but at a more competitive price. Heck, I wouldn't care it if I had to drive 3 days... if it saved me $7k.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #4

Also.. Jayco does have a list of authorized dealers.. besides the one you mentioned to me

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign View Post
Hello Friends,

I live in Manitoba and am new to the Forum.

I want a trailer having sold my smaller Class C. I like the layout of the 32BHDS, but I am concerned when I read, in the forums, about quality control issues at Jayco. Are they that bad, or is it just that people only post the bad things (i.e. vent a lot) whereas the happly owners simply don't post as much.

Second, my dealer here in Manitoba is approximately $7,000 more expensive than I can buy in the neighboring province, Ontario. Yes, you read right, $7,000 dollars after freight, PDI, etc. I like to support local, but that is a lot of money. Its a long way to drive to Toronto, though (think 3 days) to pick up a trailer. Any thoughts, especially as regards getting warranty service here. If the local dealer won't provide service, is there any precedent for Jayco autorizing another dealer (not Jayco) to provide local service.

Thanks, glad to be here.

Ensign.
Welcome Ensign. We also bought our trailer this year at a Manitoba dealer and we too thought the pricing was higher than elsewhere but as Lady W says you can let them know that you have found a better price and they will do their best to match it. We also checked to find that their was a Jayco dealer just south of the Manitoba border in Rugby that gave us a really good price but they cannot finance for Canadians so we had to go closer to home. But if you have the cash or money through the bank, you may want to check them out.
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. We picked up a 28BHS last year and I am wishing I we got the 32BHDS.

2016 JayFlight X23F
11 Expedition EL
4 Girls under 8 yrs old
1 Wife
1 Dog
2 guinea pigs that stay home...
cbaka27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:38 PM   #7

We love the layout of our first TT, the 32bhds. The best part is (and for the hubster) that I can easily drive it. I'm still working on the backing up part, but the cornering is pretty decent. I want to be able to take it out even when he can't come.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #8

Kim, when Healthi gets back, you should talk to her about backing up. She can shave the bark off a tree without damaging the TT. That's how GOOD she is!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #9

Hi ensign,

I got an online quote from RV Direct, and got OWASCO (http://owascorv.com/) in Whitby, just east of Toronto, to almost match it. The difference between RV Direct and OWASCO was about $1,000.00, but I didnt have to drive to Buffalo to get it. The list price on our 365BHS was $57,456.00, and I paid $41,089.00, including a $199 admin fee (plus tax, of course).

I was originally looking at an EagleSuper Lite, but I got such a good deal, I went with a loaded Eagle. Much nicer. I am pleased with the quality. A lot of people on line like to complain a lot.

Call Willem Woudwyk at 905-721-4073, or email him at willem.woudwyk@owasco.com, and he will help you out.

Gibby3275 is offline   Reply With Quote