Welcome aboard! Do read the manuals thoroughly. Place them in a folder of some type and leave them in the HTT, I have a divided folder and have a section for repairs done, receipts, etc. It does talk about seasoning the tent ends.
A few things to note;
- Drive slow, there is a speed rating of 65 mph on the trailer tires.
- Have good mirrors, you need to see what is happening behind you
- Have some kind of sway control on your hitch; this will help eliminate some white knuckle driving.
- After dumping the sewer tanks, add a few gallons of water to the black tank, I also add a 1/4 + cup of PineSol down the toilet.
- If you have not backed up a trailer before, find a large parking lot and give it a few tries. Also come up with some type of nonverbal communications while backing in. I also recommend if you cannot see your spotter(s) in the mirror; stop and wait for them to reappear, there is nothing worse than driving over someone who has tripped.
- You will find that the 17Z has a very low cargo weight capacity so watch what you are loading into it.
Have fun and ask lots of questions.