Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Life > Campfire Chat
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #1

Brisket Smoked in Weber Kettle Grill, San Tan Mountains

Food is good. Here's a brisket I whipped up for my friends when at his place in the San Tan Mts. And here's how I did it.

INGREDIENTS:
1 whole brisket, point and flat separated, excess fat trimmed off
bay leaves
1 tablespoon each of:
paprika
black pepper
chili powder
lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon each of:
cayenne pepper
powdered sage
powdered allspice

Save the trimmed fat from the brisket and line the bottom of a disposable pan with cut up pieces of the fat..(fat is good, right?) Combine the dry seasonings. Season the brisket on all sides with the rub, and for the heck of it shake some onto the fat. Lay bay leaves on top of the fat.

Place the brisket hunks, fat side up, on top of the fat chunks. Set up the grill for indirect cooking, with a pile of about 30 prelit coals piled against opposite sides of the grill. Position the pan on the grate, directly between the coals.

Go out back with your handsaw and cut some chunks of mesquite off the dead mesquite tree. If you don't have a dead mesquite tree available, use oak or pecan chips. Wrap the wood in foil and place the packets directly over the hot coals.

Put the lid on the grill and wait for about 8 hours.Baste the brisket a few times with apple juice/beer mixture.

(the reason I put the extra fat in the bottom of the pan was to add more juice and flavor to the brisket. After the brisket was cooked, I separated the fat from the juice in the pan, and served it with the brisket. Tasted Good!)

Remove the brisket, let it rest for 30 minutes to one hour, slice and serve.

I'll be putting this recipe on my website, http://www.smoker-cooking.com one of these days. (mods, hope it's ok to post my link here- if not, please remove it. Thanks)

I'm hungry.
Attached Thumbnails
d1.jpg   d2.jpg   d3.jpg   d4.jpg   d5.jpg  

SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #2

Dang it Bill... I just gained 20 pound reading your thread and I'm hungry again...
Mopar1973Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #3

Your one heck of a chef, Smoker Bill........nothing better than a slow smoked mesquite brisket. Just added your website to my favorites list.
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #4

Looks wonderful. I love brisket but have never tried it at home. I've done hams and turkeys the same way and they are the best.
llerberg is offline   Reply With Quote