Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
I am new to the entire experience of TT and I will say that I started at RV.net but now rarely go to the site. The weight police jumped all over anything I asked. Here, everyone is very friendly and always offering advice. On this site people don't create more problems but give you many solutions that may or may not work. We just bought our trailer and this site has made the experience easier.

Thank You.

bertscampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Site Team
I agree much easier to post here. If you want drama over there, just look into threads about Chinese generators, Buying from an internet dealer or local (I`ve gone a few rounds on that never ending debate), Towing with a marginal TV (weight police), Ford 6.0 diesels, WD hitches and who has the best, Walmart camping, firearms in RV`s, Dumping grey water on ground, and so on. Here the most drama I have is trying to keep up with tafische!

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #13
Site Team
I also tried RV.net. Much nicer and less stressed here. I almost feel like I know some of you out there so here is where I will stay. We have a good thing going here.
2016 Chevy LTZ - Duramax/Allison
2008 Eagle 30.5BHS
dg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Rolly Send a message via Yahoo to Rolly
Thanks guys for all the positive posting about the site and the members. I run 3 differnet sites and this is by far the friendliest site I am an admin on thanks to all the staff and members.
Rolly AKA "KxCowboy"

'75 Dodge Class A Motorhome AKA "The Getto" :eek:
Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #15
Please keep up the good work to all involved here.
Recently I posted details of a good experience with DirecTV here and on rv.net. On rv.net the facts as I reported them were attacked implying I didn't know what I discussed with DirecTV. I tried one more time to explain what happened and how positive the experience was. It didn't help, the attacks continued - I really didn't know what I was talking about and what was discussed with DirecTV.
I will admit I lost it and unloaded on the group. The last two words on my post were "good night". Believe it or not, there hasn't been one more post on that thread. Maybe the admin locked it. Either way I got my point across but I do like it here much better.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 AM   #16

Within some forums (perhaps RV.Net and other large size forums), there's folks who's main mission in life is to circle above and when they don't like something, they purposely "dive down" and attack. They attack, abuse and must be the winner - even when they know they are wrong. Their inner souls are mean spirited, spiteful and they get an inner high feeling from puposely hurting others. They cannot do it physically. Thus, they hurt others emotionally instead. The larger size the forum, the more they love being watched - as they go "in for the kill". These folks were like that as kids. And, they will continue to be like that as adults. Sad to say but true....

I love this specific forum because its smaller in size (compared to others). With smaller size is most often "quality without drama". Quality contents increase because the folks want to help others. As some might say, "the givers - not the takers or the abusers". Hopefully, this forum stays small for many years. IMO, the smaller the size of forum, the higher quality of folks. Folks who simply want to help others - because someone helped them in their past... "Pay it forward in a positve way" thing....

Spike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
Guess it is kind of like deciding if you want to live in the city or the country....both have merits, but it is a personal choice. I really dont want to say anything bad about rv.net because that is where I first joined as a newbie and got all my info to get started. There are some really good folks over there - so lets just leave it at - it is different.

Thanks Rolly and Healthi for all you do over here to make this enjoyable....and a little fun too!

PS -- What is that supposed to mean?
Here the most drama I have is trying to keep up with tafische!

2009 Jayco 26BH
2004 Chevy Silverado 1500
2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote