Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 09:10 AM   #31

2015 White Hawk 27dsrl summit edition with glacier package.
2014 Ford F-150 4x4 supercrew,
platinum edition 3.5L Ecoboost twin turbo V6 with tow mod.
Equa-lizer WDH 10000
jamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:15 AM   #32
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
Where's the fun in that? I'm typically on vacation when we go out in the RV...I'll eat healthy at home.
You beat me to it!

Though, we generally eat healthy, whole foods at home. When we're on vacation, we get a bit lax on stuff like that. We don't go crazy, but we're more likely to eat stuff like hot dogs, chips, cupcakes, etc ... when we're camping than when we're at home. We rarely get any of that stuff at home.

It's vacation, you gotta live a little! Plus, when we're camping, we're constantly doing something. So we're out hiking, or sightseeing, or playing or whatever, burning a lot of calories along the way. Certainly a lot more than we do at home when we're sitting at the office in front of a computer all day long!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #33
"Eat healthy, live longer" I can't argue this point but will just give something for thought. My wifes Aunt just turned 100 in January and till very recently lived on her own. Broken hip ended that but she was raised on a farm where they ate lots of salt cured meat, mostly pork. I just finished repairing a friends truck the he uses in his cattle operation. He eats red meat every day and works cattle in summer heat and winters cold. Now he is only 93 so I can't say if he will make 100 or not. I believe the difference in longivity is that these folks could enjoy long life because they worked hard every day. They did not consume green smoothies for breakfast and chia seeds for lunch. Physical exercise is ,IMHO, more important than diet. Ready for the flames.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:18 AM   #34
We like to do things in our crock pot too. Stew or chicken dishes that we can preassemble the ingredients for in a zip lock, freeze and then throw in the crock in the morning. Plug it in and go have fun for the day. When we get back the camper smells wonderful and we finish cooking the side dishes over the fire or outside to minimize interior clean up. Don't think we have ever used the oven, but I keep threatening to make road kill pizza one night.
2017 StarCraft Launch 24RLS
2012 Dodge Durango V-8 Hemi
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:17 AM   #35
I keep a Ninja in the camper and make a shake for breakfast of almond milk, Greek yogurt, and frozen fruit when I feel lazy in the morning or getting up early to go fishing. Otherwise it is bacon & eggs or pancakes and hopefully DH cooks. If it is early for fishing, then it is good healthy fresh fish on the grill, cheese grits and grilled veggies for dinner.

Maureen & Carl

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote

bacon, cooking, timesavers