Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2017, 01:23 AM   #1

Thumbs down alante 31v

does anybody else have all sorts of probs?
got my alante May 1 got it home called dealer steering wheel was at 11-5oclock
and it drifted all over and the brake made a screech when used and bedroom ac not work.
cracks in decals and sealer all over the rig.
Then we find wrong radio no GPS as told the fridge not working and the generator took 3 minutes of running before it powers up.
they replace radio and fix ac in rear tell me take it and get the alignment done and they will pay for it.(still waiting since mid May) but the local shop fix brake noise also.
first trip intermittent wipers not work (still not)They told me take it somewhere but no one wants to touch it.
lenses fell out of ceiling lights but once hooked up to shore power a couple of days the fridge came on
now they tell me after I talked to service at jayco the dealer says that the delay with the generator is normal but jayco never heard of it .
I took it at my expense to an onan dealer an hour away and the said generator ok prob is in coach (afraid to use in case of fire)
next trip out the AC in dash not working(dealer says again take it and get it fixed at ford no one want to work on it so I wait )
bad rattle in cab overhead found the rails for the bunk pulled out of the wall allowing 3 inch of travel front to rear (waiting to break windshield I guess)
the best was on July 3 my nephew came with wife and I left campground to go to store and make a left turn and watch him go flying as the seat was NOT BOLTED TO THE FLOOR!!
now the wall and panel are all gouged and scratched thank God he was wearing seat belt.
banged him around but ok now the awning LEDs bunch are out and the assist door handle on the inside is pulling loose(wife and I are handicapped)
called dealer on the third as we cut weekend short to nervous to stay but never a call and even used their stupid form online but nothing
and then when we got home the backup camera was not working (sides ok)
(rvone in Albany ) I only have put on 800 miles!
well I aired my crap sorry folks just makes me mad pay big money as we are to leave and travel this winter to warmer climate but are afraid to go anywhere .
call but still waiting to see what they going to do
Gene
Wrencher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:02 AM   #2

You say "A/C in dash not working." Meaning that you operate the push button and the green light (and compressor) doesn't come on? The folks at Jayco CS are well aware of that problem, which can be intermittent. The last time it happened on my Precept, I pushed, wiggled, and twisted the push button; it suddenly came back to life and has worked quite a lot of miles ever since. I wonder if that HVAC control panel comes from Ford as part of the F53 or Jayco obtains it elsewhere. Happy wiggling.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:08 AM   #3

Wow that sounds really bad. I just bought a new leftover 2016 26AY and mine has been pretty good, just a few very minor things. We use ours for my wife's work and only had a couple days before we hit the road with it. We're currently on a three week trip and things are going well - but stories like yours are troubling.

I would be bitching up a storm if that happened to me. I'd be after the dealer, factory, and any one else I could find. I would bet the dealer and Jayco wouldn't want your story broadcasted, does the local TV news do stories on consumer issues?

What about the lemon laws in your state?

I wish you luck.
klspahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:40 AM   #4

Did you do a pre-delivery inspection of the coach BEFORE you drove it off the lot? Sounds like most of the issues would have been found then and you could have had the dealer fix them before you took possession.

We've had many issues, mostly small things that have come up, but most were due to the unit sitting in the dealer's lot for a year in the hot and humid summer since be bought a left over model. We expected to find a few issues after delivery. We had the same surprising issue with the overhead bunk. Turns out that the rails were only mounted into the walls since the installer missed the metal studs. Our dealer has been very good and fixed this as well as several other items. I've fixed several items myself too. Overall, the attention to detail and quality has been abit below my expectations but I'm lucky to have a good dealer 3 miles away from my house. Now that a leak in the bedroom slideout has been hopefully fixed, we will not find any other serious issues for the next few years.

Sorry you have so many issues and your dealer sounds like they are not doing their job very well.

As for lemon laws, most states that have then for RVs only apply to the chassis and require multiple issues with the same component/system to repeatedly fail.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:00 AM   #5

Wow, sounds like you have a dealer problem...

Firstly, a good dealer would never have sold a coach in that condition. The dealer is "supposed" to do a full inspection on the unit before it ever gets to the PDI. Obviously, that never happened.

Secondly, why did you accept delivery when all that showed up in the PDI? Our PDI was a bit over 3 hours, and 2 minor issues were fixed on the spot.

If the dealer won't replace the unit, get Jayco involved!

Oh, and as far as the brakes... the dealer should have had Ford address that before ever letting you take delivery.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #6

I am working on it with attorneys and have Jayco involved though not much help.
Picked up unit in windy stormy weather was a push push from the dealer.
unfortunately the dealer is 75miles one way .
Plus tolls and gas but they ignore you and send you to voice mail and that tells you go online fill out form then wait and no call back.
But I will check the AC switch but for only less than a thousand miles and second time using ac would not expect a prob
Thank you everyone
Gene
Old 07-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #7

I read some advise online that I used when buying my coach that was very valuable. I know its to late for some but here it is anyway. Dealerships want to get you out as soon as possible so the PDI is often rushed and there is a lot of info your brain is taking in. One way of helping with this is at the time of purchase ask for a 2 or 3 day stay close to dealership in order for you to run the coach through its paces. When we did this we discovered some problems and the dealer sent someone over the fix the issue or show me what I was doing wrong. I cannot tell you how helpful that was. As an added benefit you really get to know the tech and service people so on subsequent visits they seemed to be more helpful.
Coachhark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM   #8

we are both handicapped as per walking and the dealer is in the middle of a large city
I tried to get things fixed before we used it but they bring you in and fix one and want you to come back at a 75 miles, fuel and tolls.
did a short run for the first run but they never want to fix anything always take it somewhere and get it fixed
Old 07-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #9

Sorry your dealer seems to have really done poorly with servicing your mh. You have mentioned more than once that they keep sending you somewhere else. Keep in mind that anything that is chassis related, built by Ford like the drivetrain, would be serviced by a Ford Truck Center and not the dealer.

I do not know where you live since it is not in your profile but you could call Jayco and set up an appointment to take your motorhome to their service center in Indiana. It may save you time money and frustration just staying in a hotel for a couple days while they work on it.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:27 PM   #10

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_C View Post
Sorry your dealer seems to have really done poorly with servicing your mh. You have mentioned more than once that they keep sending you somewhere else. Keep in mind that anything that is chassis related, built by Ford like the drivetrain, would be serviced by a Ford Truck Center and not the dealer.

I do not know where you live since it is not in your profile but you could call Jayco and set up an appointment to take your motorhome to their service center in Indiana. It may save you time money and frustration just staying in a hotel for a couple days while they work on it.
thanks but I live in central NY
the only chassis related are the wipers and thecab ac but no local dealer wants to look at it.
nearest dealer is 75 miles 20 gallons 2 hours and 12 in tolls away
dealer just washes hands anytime no mater what it is you get it fixed send us the bill and when you do you never get reimbursed
Gene
Old 07-25-2017, 05:37 AM   #11

You need to be more in contact with jayco, and not the dealer. The dealer sounds like a bunch of ass hats. You mentioned earlier that Jayco is 'not much help', but I find that hard to believe, as they've been fantastic the two times I've called them.

We have an Alante 31V, 2017 model. We've had a few issues here and there, but most of your problems are because that dealer shouldn't be a dealer.

Try and call Jayco's help line, explain your situation. They should be able to find you another place to get help, that isn't the crooks you bought it from.
Graunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:25 AM   #12
B&G

We have had so many problems with our Octane. Generator issues, fresh water tank supposed to hold roughly 100 gallons only but would only put out 40. When the dealer attempted to fix it they drilled a hole in the gray water tank. Turns out Jayco tells us it's a design flaw and our dealer had to buy a tool from Jayco that cost around $2000 to fix the problem. They replaced gray tank obviously. In the year we have had the toy hauler it's been in the shop more than not. I think we are on our third battery because of some problem that drains it that they can't figure out. Now getting 94 gallons fresh water. We looked into lemon laws and talked to several people at Jayco before we now feel like things have been made right. The people at our dealer almost run from us when we show up. Next dry camp to really test it is end of September. Fingers crossed. I hope you get everything straightened out. I know how frustrating it is. We didn't get real help/results until Jayco and our dealer started communicating with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #13

Sounds like RV One.
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #14

sure is they are worthless!
have been in touch with Jayco problem is not much help from them as they have called dealer to help but get blown off also .
going through this they are behind me all the way
bad representation here in central NY for Jayco
Old 07-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #15

We have a great dealership! But we decided to take one of our previous Jayco's to the factory to have some warranty work done, as they could do it all in 3 days. We got a motel room across from the factory and played tourist while they did their magic. we also took both of the factory tours, visited the RV museum, and ate ourselves silly in the Amish restaurants in the area.

I'm very sorry about your experience, but most of the dealers are truly not like that. That one is well known for their low initial prices, and their desire to never want to see the customer again after the sale.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #16

Sucks you are having so many problems!!

I have a 2017 Alante 31V and i guess I have been lucky so far. A few issues, but all real minor. I did need an alignment, sent Jayco the bill and was reimbursed in about 3-4 weeks.
OutCole'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:47 PM   #17

Unhappy

I am just going to let it play out and see what happens
but will let everyone know soon as it does
Gene
Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graunke View Post
You need to be more in contact with jayco, and not the dealer. . . . We have an Alante 31V, 2017 model. We've had a few issues here and there, but most of your problems are because that dealer shouldn't be a dealer.
There seems to be an attempt to make some profound distinction in these forums between the obligations of a "dealer" and those of a "franchisee." Surely Jayco can prevent someone from unilaterally hanging up a shingle, calling themselves a Jayco dealer, and behaving however they choose. These schlocky outfits reflect poorly on Jayco, whether or not there is some formal "franchise" agreement!! As a practical matter, Jayco has no deniability.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:36 AM   #19

jayco is working with me so I just wait and see what happens
Gene
Old 07-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrencher View Post
jayco is working with me so I just wait and see what happens Gene
Should be a good test case for how much "control" Jayco has over a dealer. Good luck. . . . What we've encountered here is that the Jayco dealer, well meaning as he may be, simply doesn't have technicians in his employ who have the knowledge, skills, and aptitude to deal with many of the kinds of things that can be wrong from Day 1 or go wrong with something as complex as a motorhome. Nor do they get the needed level of exposure to a sufficient number of examples of a particular model over the course of a year or two. That is where the techs at the Service Center have a great advantage.