Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2017, 06:58 PM   #1

MT50 solar remote and water accumulator

Those who follow my posts will know that I stuffed an Epever 30 amp controller in my 5er.

I impulse purchased the matching remote monitor to compliment it.
Great unit, and allows me to alter charge parameters and see PV voltage and Batt voltage at a glance.

I surface mounted it on the bedroom vanity mostly because I like to keep an eye on battery voltage on my way from the Can to Bed, and I can see it from the living room on my way out the door without having to open the closet all the time.

Also, I hated the harmonic the water pump created throughout the trailer, not sure if the previous owner mounted it on a goofy standoff plate, or a "Eh, that'll do" by Jayco, but it didn't work for me.
Moved the pump to a harder mount point and installed an accumulator tank in its place.

Quieted down the pump by almost half, and in low flow uses like rinsing dishes it's not constantly cycling on/off

2008 345BHS
Preacher87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #2

Nice! I just installed the 40 amp version of that charge controller and the MT-50. I put my remote display in the bedroom on the wall the backs to the shower.
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #3

I almost wouldn't have gotten it but for the fact that I wanted to bump up my charge voltages to properly take advantage of golf carts. The extra monitoring was just a bonus.

2008 345BHS
Preacher87 is offline   Reply With Quote