Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #1

Electric Auto Leveling System in a Whitehawk?

I see on the Jayco website that an Electric Auto Leveling System is an available option for a Whitehawk 28DSBH? Does anyone know how this option works on a Whitehawk, and does anyone have it? Must be something substantial since it's a $2,200 option....

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #2

Just came out earlier this year. Visit lippert's website to see a video in action. Ground Control® TT Automatic RV Electric Trailer Jack
cleazenby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:46 PM   #3

I'm curious as to how well they work too. I see on the Jayco website that they are avail on Jay Flights, Whitehawks and the Eagles.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:44 AM   #4

Wow! So it looks like full weight sits on the front jacks? I also thought it was a no-no to level trailer (side to side) with the jacks? Wouldn't it twist the trailer frame? No more leveling blocks required under the tires? Hmmm. Not sure about this option, but it would be pretty cool.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
Old 01-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #5

We went ahead and ordered the auto level system. Will report on it after trying it out in the spring.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
We went ahead and ordered the auto level system. Will report on it after trying it out in the spring.
I can't speak to whether the auto leveling Jayco is using is the same across all their trailers, but I saw a 2017 Eagle 330RSTS at the Tampa RV show that had the option installed.

I had heard Jayco was going to offer the auto leveling on their trailers last March and when we ordered our Eagle in June, it still wasn't being offered. When it did come out, it was too late to add to our build. Now, I am not so sure I would have liked it by just looking at what they are using.

If Jayco is using the same system across all trailer lines, what they are installing right now is NOT the Lippert Ground Control TT system, but rather one made by BAL.

It consists of two standard type electric jacks found in almost every leveling system used today behind the rear axle, as well as an electric stabilizer jack along with a tongue jack. The front stabilizer stance width was less than what normally comes on the Eagles but was also mounted more forward than ours is. So I have to assume that they are using that stabilizer to form a triangle with the tongue jack to create a more stable platform up front. It was just too small by itself to be able to "level" anything on it's own.

So it is basically a 3 point leveling system, 2 stab jacks in the rear and a tongue jack/stabilizer "triangle" in the front. We looked all over to find a control panel and found none. So I have to assume it is all controlled from the tongue jack as well.

While there, I tried to find someone who could demonstrate it but no luck. I took a pic (below) so I could research it on the web and found nothing. I have also emailed Jayco and BAL and got nothing. It's like it's the best kept secret in the RV world!!!

We walked around in the trailer and it might have been level, but I felt at least as much bounce and sway in it as I do in our 2017 330RSTS with just the regular electric front and rear stabilizers down, so it appeared to do nothing to help with that. It might just be that this leveling system is not well suited to a 40', 10,000+ lb. trailer because other than the two stab jacks behind the rear axle, the front stabilizers appeared to be way to small for the size of the Eagle.

Sorry I couldn't offer more on it and I wish I had taken more pics, but since there was really no new looking technology, I didn't feel it was necessary.

Will be very interested in updates from you in regards to how it actually performs.
Attached Thumbnails
BAL LS System.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #7

Auto Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
I see on the Jayco website that an Electric Auto Leveling System is an available option for a Whitehawk 28DSBH? Does anyone know how this option works on a Whitehawk, and does anyone have it? Must be something substantial since it's a $2,200 option....
We have the auto level on our 2016 Eagle.We love the auto level function,once we figured out it is designed to level on pretty much level surfaces only.Easy quick fix place 4X4s under rear jacks.Manually drop fronts jacks about 7" each side.Now the camper will pretty much level any where.The rear jacks hang pretty close to the ground,have to be careful on rough areas.We have never damaged them but have heard of others who have.Happy Trails!
Attached Thumbnails
OK.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 02:38 PM   #8

Any update on having used this after a full season?

We just ordered a 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS with this feature and would love to know more about it. Our trailer isn't due until March or April
carlamacewan is offline   Reply With Quote