Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 06:24 AM   #51
Originally Posted by firemike View Post
Bought my 2016 jay feather 26BHSW beginning of Aug, picked it up on Friday went camping on Tuesday and discovered the floor inside bathroom outside door was collapsing. you could hear the wood breaking as you stepped on it. took it back to my dealer and after weeks of going back and forth with method factory wants for repair they washed their hands of it and told factory they couldn't repair it. So now the factory is trying to get me into the repair que which is now late march 2017. I have attached the repair process that the factory wants performed from above not below.

Firemike, my 2014 24 RBS is going to my dealership this very morning for the exact same job and procedure..My level of confidence is lower than low.

Rest assure that my next trailer will have the least amount of laminated product possible in it, that laminated floor is a bad bad idea, especially when you brag about that at Jayco you build with a solid foundation...what a joke

Yes im negative lately, but patience come in limited quantity....My reservoir of patience is empty ,

Jayco Whitehawk 24RBS 2014

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #52
We felt a few small spots that were not firm but did not cause concern. But, this thread made me curious what kind of floors do we have since ours is a 2015. So guys, you do not need to cut a hole in the floor to see what you have. Just call Jayco's customer service and give them the last 8 of the vin numbers. They will look it up and let you know if you have plywood floors or laminate flooring. They will also tell you the month and year your unit was built. (if you are the second owner like us). They will not tell you any warranty work the previous owner has had. I found out ours 2015 27 dsrl was built in June 2014 and has laminate flooring.

Maureen & Carl

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:13 PM   #53
Floor in a white hawk

Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I've owned my Whitehawk 28dsbh for 28 months. We noticed a rather noticeable soft spot in the floor this weekend, 3ft into the camper from the main door, in front of the TV. Obviously a high traffic area that we walk through while going in and out of the camper. I emailed Jayco today, asking them for help, even though it's just out of warranty by a few months. I'm trying to stay positive, hoping for a good outcome. We love the trailer otherwise and don't wish to purchase a different one if possible. In only a couple of years, the Whitehawks have gone up considerably in price, so it would be painful to trade this one in and start over for a new model with a plywood floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the owner of the dealer I bought my trailer from, and his service manager, look at my floor about a week and a half ago. They both agreed with my observation. They took a ton of pictures to attach to the claim that they sent to Jayco. They said it could take a week or so to hear back from Jayco. My dealer said that there is a repair facility that specializes in repairing these laminated floors for Jayco. My dealer has taken a couple of JayFeathers there before. They confirmed the repair is exactly what the PDF that has been shared on this forum describes, but not every dealer has the capability to perform it. I'll update when I have more information to share about the repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH
2013 Ford F-150 Super Crew Ecoboost
Wausau, Wi :Flag:
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote