Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
I have a 2009 Jay Feather Sport 197 which is similar to the 165 but a little longer with a u-shaped dinette, but otherwise the same layout. I have a Toshiba 19-inch TV/DVD combo (19CV100U) and I didn't mount it as I was worried about all the jostling around during travel. My wife made a padded slipcover for it and we set it down on the bed when we travel and it rides there just fine. Sure, that means that I have to put it up on top of the fridge and connect the cable and plug it in when we are at the campsite, but that is just part of our setup ritual. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

During the winter months we bring it inside anyway and put it on a table in front of the treadmill so, for me, it would be more of a nuisance if it were mounted.

I look forward to hearing how other folks have made out with mounting theirs.

Tim & Cindy
our rescued fur babies,
Madison (JRT and Beagle mix)
Beau (Hound mix)
2015 Jay Flight Swift SLX 185RB
2009 Honda Ridgeline RTS
JayRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
the tv/mount was fine with traveling (our first trip was about an hour and 15 minutes drive time one way)...we did secure it from around the tv to the cabinet handle with a bungy cord while driving...it is a small tv: 13.3 inches probably no more that 4 lbs...message me your email and i'll send you pictures. my husband is very cautious he wouldn't have mounted it this way if he thought it would be a problem...so far/so good!

jbarck1648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
On my swift right as you walk in there is a counter where the tv is supposed to sit. There is an overhang on the counter so I plan on putting a desk mount lcd arm. I can swivel it toward the dinette or against the back wall and face the little seating area. It can be easily taken down for travel.

1997 Pathfinder 4x4
Prodigy P2
E2 WD and Sway
95 Starcraft 1021 (sold)
2011 Jayco Swift 184
waldo_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote