Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Jayco Tech and Tow > Tech Talk

Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
Here's someone who installed a hard start with good results for his 17c and Yamaha 2400ISHC generator. He didn't mention the brand name of the parts.

I don't know what the long term effect will be, but it's working for him now. FWIW. vic

Double Secret Probation
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #12
I just bought an SPP 6 hard start capacitor for my 1997 Coleman AC unit on my trailer I bought it because my 3000 watt generator will not start it it will sometimes but most time no and I thought maybe I could get it to start it runs fine on my house electricity can somebody tell me if I'm crazy to add this to it or if it is good idea

peterbilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
Hi Zad....

To install the hard start kit...just follow the directions that came with the kit. I'm not familiar with the supco kit you are talking about. I am an HVAC contractor for 25+ years. I typically use OEM recommended parts for a hard start kit...capacitors, relay I purchase seperately. Usually the kits come with detailed instructions. If you lived close by....I'd come by and hook it up for you no charge :-).
The Supco SPP6 says to hook it up to the run capacitor. I was thinking 9if the Coleman mach AC already comes with a hard start capacitor,) why not hook them up in parallel? That way, more power from the Capacitors and less power requirement from the Generator?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE
2012 26BH (Traded)
2002 Prowler Lynx (totaled due to tire blowout)
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote