Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #11
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
All is good until the $2000 circuit board goes haywire and needs replacing.

Glad I learned to back up, loading a howitzer onto a mike boat from and LST in the middle of the ocean with everything bouncing a different direction. Sure makes backing up a trailer on ground that is stationary a piece of cake.

We already have far to many computer chips/ circuit boards in a vehicle, don't need or want another one.

If you can't drive and control whatever your driving, perhaps you should not drive it at all. Some people are destined to stay in motels.

TT 2015 19RD "TheJayco"
TV 2003 F-350 "Montblanc" - Housebroken chore truck

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #12
It looks like fun, and I think it'd be fun to try it in a demo setting. But, with the new Lariats pushing $55k already, adding another pricey gadget just means it'll be further out of the budget. Mine is sure more appealing every day...

Wonder how this gadget would do with a hay wagon, with a turning front axle? ;-)

2016 F150 CC Lariat, 4wd, 3.55, Firestone RideRite airbags, Max Tow pkg
2016 Whitehawk 28RBKS
Regular precious cargo- DW, and three rescued hounds
Fastalker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:25 PM   #13
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
It's going to give people who have no idea what they are doing the excuse to buy a 32 foot trailer and a 21 foot truck and go out and try to back it into campsites and think everything will be smooth as glass. It's a false sense of security. The demonstration is a boat at a launch, which may be the only practical application of the system, but if you struggle with that simple task you shouldn't be towing anything.
Who needs an excuse? LOL!

Honestly, I suck at backing up trailers. I manage it, slowly, and with people gawking.

I can't hold a candle to the "Towing Master" (my dad), or worse, practically every guy in my wife's family who either currently is, or at one time was, a truck driver.

I don't know that I'd buy a truck with an automated system like this. Watching it doesn't convince me that it would really help all that much.
2012 RAM 2500 Megacab Laramie Diesel
2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
ProPride 3P WDH
ecksdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #14
If anyone is interested in more info or a test drive Ford will demo this setup at several auto shows and state fairs this fall across the country. It will likely add about $200 to the cost of the existing trailer tow package that costs $695. It can also be ordered as a standalone feature on the base XL trim level. Go to this link http://www.f150drive.com
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
It looks like it would work for a boat, as you can see around it with its V nose. But a TT, I don't think you would see anything, other than the front of unit. A flat bed trailer that you cannot see when empty, it would be nice too. I know my flatbed trailer when empty disappears at times.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote