Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2016, 06:09 PM   #1

Timbrens - so far, VERY good!

This week I installed a set of Timbrens (rear) on my 2010 F150, 5.4 V8, Max Tow equipped. I was concerned because every once in a while I see a review saying the Timbrens negatively affect the daily drive without a load or trailer - that they engage on even average bumps. That hasn't been my experience.

Since the install, I've deliberately run the truck over a few gut punching bumps and potholes to try and get the Timbrens to hit my rear axle...no luck. In fact, I began to worry that perhaps when I installed them I left TOO much space between the Timbrens and the axle...the kit came with additional one inch spacers that I didn't use because I thought it would bring the Timbrens too close to the axle and cause them to engage during my daily drive, EXACTLY what I was hoping to avoid. Without the spacers, I had about 1 1/2 inches between the top of the rear axle and the bottom of each Timbren.

Today I loaded 800 lbs of mulch in my truck. I checked to see if the Timbrens were engaging the axle and, sure enough, they were. Looking at the truck from the outside, there was no discernible rear end squat, it was amazing. Driving was even better - I've driven with this heavy a load several times before the Timbrens install and the handling difference was unbelievable - greatly reduced bounce, far less lean when cornering, and overall a solid, more confident driving feel.

I tow for the first time with this setup on Monday and I'm looking forward to it. I can't say Timbrens are right for every person or every vehicle, but if you have a 2010 Max Tow F150 these will work wonderfully for you...just don't install the additional one inch spacers and you'll have a daily drive exactly like before, but a solid, more comfortable and confident ride when carting a load. Best $214 I've ever spent.
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:04 PM   #2

Where Did you get them from? Amazon or eTrailer?
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:14 PM   #3

eTrailer.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:03 AM   #4

I installed these about 2 weeks ago on my '14 F150. I also didn't install the spacers and have about a 1 1/4" space. I haven't put a load on them yet but will tow my TT right after Memorial weekend. I can tell they are there on speed bumps but they don't hinder the ride at all. I'm also looking forward to seeing how they do while pulling my TT

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:20 AM   #5

Nukeneck,

I tow my 28DSBH for the first time tomorrow. Wish I had an Ecoboost but I think my 5.4 Triton is up to the task. How does your rig tow? Do the trailer's wide stance axles help with stability? What WD hitch do you use? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what tires do you have on your truck? Last, any tips or general advice for towing a DSBH? Thanks in advance for helping out a newb!
Old 05-22-2016, 07:05 AM   #6

I have them on my 2015 Tundra, and when towing my Eagle HT 29.6 BHDS, its a nice ride. Day to day driving I dont even notice them

My Mods Page
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ods-35390.html
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #7

Timbrens for 2wd f150

I have a set of Timbens rear suspension kit for a 2 wheel drive F-150
I had a 2013 F-150 that they were installed on for a short period of time. I bought them Sept.2014. I sold the truck. I have a F-250 super duty and can't use them and don't need them. They're taking up room in my Garage $50.00 plus shipping if anyone wants them. "PM" me
US Army
VN.71-72
RickAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #8

Mikey,

My truck tows great, the Ecoboost has a ton of power and as long as the bed is not overloaded I'm staying near my capacities. There is some sag with the trailer hooked up and WDH without the Timbrens but hopefully these will help level it out. I haven't towed or hooked up with the Timbrens installed yet. My tires are Goodyear Wranglers
SR-A from the factory. Truck only has 19k miles on it. When I need new tires I will purchase true LT tires.

Tips for towing: Take your time, even though we all want to get to our destinations quickly to enjoy our toys, you have to make it there to enjoy them

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote