Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2015, 03:38 PM   #1

New cover for a X17Z

Does anyone know what the best cover is. We live in Oregon so we usually get a lot of rain. Just wondering what most people that have to store outside do to protect the TT. thanks for your help!
Kjgriffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:48 PM   #2

We bought the Classic Accessories Polypro 3 -up to 20' and used it this past winter. It seems to be well constructed and thicker than other covers we've used in the past. Time will tell though. I think 20' is the smallest they make so we had to fold it a little more in the front but it stayed on.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #3

I recently bought a x17z and asked the jayco dealer about getting a cover. They said not to do it; actually causes damage.
I thought that was interesting because here was the perfect opportunity to sell me something else.
It may be due to the type of weather we have here... Tons of freezing rain in the winter and actually last winter we got just hammered by snow.
The jayco dealer said that they ended up with a ton of work, including warranty work because of people using covers, where as those without covers faired the winter better.
This dealership doesn't cover their trailers outside in winter either.

Don't know if that is at all useful or if there is some stats on covers versus not covered, but thought I'd pass that a long
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

Thanks for that I will defiantly be asking when we do our walk through on Monday.
Kjgriffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #5

FWIW: Selecting the Proper Cover Helps Keep an RV Looking Nice

You already know what opinions are like. I'm not sure what "damage" they are referring to, but an RV being damaged by using a cover is counter-intuitive to the idea behind using one. I guess if it's a tattered cover letting the weather in, and then trapping water, and the freeze/thaw cycle wrecking the roof and components. Otherwise, a good cover should prevent such damage.

However, this is just my opinion.
OC Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #6

Our Jayco dealer recommended a cover for ours. But Midwest winters can get a bit much. Interesting how different dealers have different ideas.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, protect, x17z