Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Near Richmond, VA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
Glad it helped. As part of the negotiations of the camper, I had the dealer throw in the WDH & electronic brake w/install, so something to consider!
That's exactly what I was thinking -- either reduce the price or include those items. They prefer to throw things in, because it doesn't impact the salesman's commission
__________________

SteveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26
Li

Another x17z question for you owners:

Which exterior lights work and which are reflectors? My two rear taillights on the camper handle the turn signals & brakes. But I have many lights on the side and front of the camper that don't blink. Are the rear lights the only ones that are wired and are all the rest just reflectors?
__________________

madflava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
Another x17z question for you owners:

Which exterior lights work and which are reflectors? My two rear taillights on the camper handle the turn signals & brakes. But I have many lights on the side and front of the camper that don't blink. Are the rear lights the only ones that are wired and are all the rest just reflectors?
The other lights are marker lights, and yes, they do light up. They are controlled by the wiring for your car's parking lights, so with your parking or headlamps on, the markers will come on as well if your 7-pin is wired correctly.
__________________
2011 Jayco X19H (purchased 2015)
2008 Jayco 1007 PUP (purchased new, traded for the X19)
2012 Chev Traverse LT with TP
bankr63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #34
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: southern
Posts: 4
The optional heat is more of a radiant heat, it doesn't blow. Turn it on and give it time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
pittsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Near Richmond, VA
Posts: 143
Question for the OP: I don't know how many times you've taken your X17z out so far, but have you had any concerns about payload capacity for the Pathfinder?

You had mentioned earlier that the Pathfinder pulled the camper easily. I just bought my X17z the other day and take delivery on Friday. I have a 2015 Pathfinder, and found that it only has a payload capacity of 1150 lbs, despite having a towing capacity of 5,000 lbs. That doesn't leave a lot left over after passengers, hitch weight, WD, etc. I figure I've got enough payload capacity left over in the Pathfinder for a loaded ice chest, and everything else will have to go into the camper, which only has a CCC of 715 lbs. Should be fine, so long as we don't go crazy with cargo.
SteveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:56 AM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMM View Post
Question for the OP: I don't know how many times you've taken your X17z out so far, but have you had any concerns about payload capacity for the Pathfinder?

You had mentioned earlier that the Pathfinder pulled the camper easily. I just bought my X17z the other day and take delivery on Friday. I have a 2015 Pathfinder, and found that it only has a payload capacity of 1150 lbs, despite having a towing capacity of 5,000 lbs. That doesn't leave a lot left over after passengers, hitch weight, WD, etc. I figure I've got enough payload capacity left over in the Pathfinder for a loaded ice chest, and everything else will have to go into the camper, which only has a CCC of 715 lbs. Should be fine, so long as we don't go crazy with cargo.
Congrats on your purchase! Weíve taken the trailer out 3 times so far. Itís just my wife & two kiddos (5 & 2 years old), so I havenít paid much attention to the payload capacity. That being said, all the cargo goes into the camper and we leave the trunk open for last minute groceries, firewood etc. When loading the camper, I try to put as much stuff behind the axle, utilizing the shower & bathroom the most. Surprisingly, sans liquids, bikes, blankets, utensils etc. donít weight that much, so you should be fine. Unless you are bringing your barbells to work out at the campsite.

Manufacturers always build in tolerances to their max ratings, so the way Iíve always looked at it when at the max for all my cars, just be careful (leave earlier, drive slower, brake sooner, ensure tire pressure is optimal etc.) and youíll be fine. Happy camping!
madflava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:21 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Near Richmond, VA
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
Congrats on your purchase! We’ve taken the trailer out 3 times so far. It’s just my wife & two kiddos (5 & 2 years old), so I haven’t paid much attention to the payload capacity. That being said, all the cargo goes into the camper and we leave the trunk open for last minute groceries, firewood etc. When loading the camper, I try to put as much stuff behind the axle, utilizing the shower & bathroom the most. Surprisingly, sans liquids, bikes, blankets, utensils etc. don’t weight that much, so you should be fine. Unless you are bringing your barbells to work out at the campsite.

Manufacturers always build in tolerances to their max ratings, so the way I’ve always looked at it when at the max for all my cars, just be careful (leave earlier, drive slower, brake sooner, ensure tire pressure is optimal etc.) and you’ll be fine. Happy camping!
Thanks for the info. Very reassuring. I had definitely planned to load up the bathroom with gear, if only because it won't slide around the camper while we're on the road. It's great to have someone else on here with the same towing and camper setup that I have.
SteveMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Jagiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,843
[QUOTE=madflava;447386]2: Our roof AC unit also has a "Optional Heat" setting. When I set it to that setting and turn the temp on hot, it doesn't blow out hot air. Is it supposed to blow hot air?
QUOTE]

You need to add the heating element. It does not come with. I think I paid about $50 on Amazon for mine. Really easy install.

It is just a simple electric heating element. If I recall it is only about 500 watts, about 1/3 of my ceramic heater I put on the counter.

Its good enough to take a little chill out of the air, but not really good enough to really heat a hybrid.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:02 PM   #39
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26
[QUOTE=Jagiven;452460]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
2: Our roof AC unit also has a "Optional Heat" setting. When I set it to that setting and turn the temp on hot, it doesn't blow out hot air. Is it supposed to blow hot air?
QUOTE]

You need to add the heating element. It does not come with. I think I paid about $50 on Amazon for mine. Really easy install.

It is just a simple electric heating element. If I recall it is only about 500 watts, about 1/3 of my ceramic heater I put on the counter.

Its good enough to take a little chill out of the air, but not really good enough to really heat a hybrid.
Thank you sir! I'll check it out....
madflava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 57
[QUOTE=Jagiven;452460]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madflava View Post
2: Our roof AC unit also has a "Optional Heat" setting. When I set it to that setting and turn the temp on hot, it doesn't blow out hot air. Is it supposed to blow hot air?
QUOTE]

You need to add the heating element. It does not come with. I think I paid about $50 on Amazon for mine. Really easy install.

It is just a simple electric heating element. If I recall it is only about 500 watts, about 1/3 of my ceramic heater I put on the counter.

Its good enough to take a little chill out of the air, but not really good enough to really heat a hybrid.
I have a 2012, and the A/C has a knob from red/blue. I turn it to red(heat), and there is no heat.

You say there is something I can install in the A/C to add heat!???

Typically I bring little 'electric desktop heaters' to help supplement with the furnace....but I think the A/C heat would be nice. Along, with the noise to help me sleep.
__________________

__________________
2012 Jayco 17Z
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7
j_shoe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.