Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2017, 09:57 AM   #21

This will be our first year taking trips with our newly acquired TT. Is it acceptable to put carbonated drinks in the fridge or will the ride down the highway cause them to explode and create a mess? The DW and I have differing views.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:00 AM   #22

We've traveled a number of years with carbonated drinks in the fridge and never had an issue.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
This will be our first year taking trips with our newly acquired TT. Is it acceptable to put carbonated drinks in the fridge or will the ride down the highway cause them to explode and create a mess? The DW and I have differing views.
Never had an issue with carbonated beverages in the TT. Either in the fridge or stowed in a cupboard.

By the time we've stopped, backed the TT into position and set the stabilizers... any 'rattled' cans have settled.

The only issue with cans in the fridge is, as mentioned before, they like to jump out and roll across the floor the first time you open the fridge after setting up. Those get put back an left until the next meal!

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nOZ View Post
We've also never had a problem with carbonated beverages. But if you think about it, how do they get to the grocery store? On a trailer in most cases. And I've known a lot of those drivers in my life, and let's just say they're not "gentle" when they're driving around. And when they offload the product? They're all but throwing it in many cases.

So, I would say those items are much more durable than many give them credit for. But again, be careful when you open doors, things do have a tendency to jump out of cabinets and refrigerators. And if they land just right, you could have a huge mess on your hands.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #25

Thanks to BonnieL and Camper Bob for the insight into carbonated drinks in the fridge while traveling. I lost or won depending on how you look at it but the DW will now be happy to be able to stock soda and beer in the future! . Everybody wins!
2nOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #26

I think you will be fine. I KNOW from experience that soda left in the trailer at below zero temps is trouble.. Wotta mess.

Road travel never transmitted that much vibration to bother our soda stash from Maine to Arizona and back

Yes up here the drivers of beverage trucks sometimes have issues...so the trucks are insulated.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote