Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #1

Replacement stabilizer jack 16XRB (2016)

Had an unfortunate incident where my trailer shifted on an uneven slopped campsite and ended up bending one of the front stabilizer jacks. I plan on replacing it myself since it's not covered by warranty. Just wondering if this is a generic part that I could get easily or if I should order it directly from a jayco dealer to save my self the headache of getting the wrong size ect.
Any advice appreciated.
Javin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:42 AM   #2

Just measure the length of the jack arm, then go to Amazon or etrailer and see what they have, much cheaper than the dealer.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
Site Team

Easy fix, just try to match up the extended length, weight rating, brand if it matters to you and make sure you can use the same tool to raise and lower.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #4

I had a flat while camping last year on my 2014 x17z and it bent 3 of my stabilizers. Even though everyone stated it wasnt covered under the 2 year warranty, I contacted Jayco and let them know I was dissatisfied. They covered the replacement of all 3. Give it a shot, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
kjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #5

Interesting, the dealer just stated "its a wear and tear thing and it would not be covered". But i'm guessing if you take the time to contact them directly it may be covered. Just wondering in your instance, how did the flat tires bend the jacks?

thanks for the info
Javin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javin View Post
Interesting, the dealer just stated "its a wear and tear thing and it would not be covered". But i'm guessing if you take the time to contact them directly it may be covered. Just wondering in your instance, how did the flat tires bend the jacks?

thanks for the info
One tire went flat and that put extra stress on the stabilizers, which then bent. I contacted them through their website and let them know one of the reasons I bought a jayco was the 2 year warranty and if they wouldn't stand behind it, I would be looking at other manufacturers when I decide to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
kjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #7

In my opinion, this isn't warranty for the trailer ... however, perhaps warranty for the tires. The root cause is tire failure - if it's a hole, it's your fault (sorry). If it's a tire defect, then tire manufacturer has some degree of responsibility, although they often will cover only a portion of the tire replacement. The extra stress placed on the jacks is not the trailer's fault, and thus Jayco has no liability or responsibility, period. Don't blame Jayco as they have no legal need to cover this under any warranty.
webbeyes is offline   Reply With Quote