Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by silverark View Post
Well I bought the Jayco Jayplus plan which is xtraride for our 2015 24FBS. For $1200.00 that added 5yrs to the 2yrs Jayco offers. The reason I did was my brother-in-law took his 1 year old 5er to Alaska last year and the wheel bearing and hub went bad. He had the trailer serviced before he left. Come to find out that the axle was installed wrong since new causing the camber tto be out on that axle. Dealer and manufacture would not stand behind him but his xtraride did and replaced the axle. . No it was not a Jayco trailer but Lippert did make the chassis. I had the xtraride on my previous 06 Airstream, A/C went bad when we where in Flordia. xtraride paid the $1400.00+ to replace the unit.
They may be contacting you to make a commercial!

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #12
Okay, here's a real life example of not having purchased an additional warranty. A couple years and 20-some thousand miles ago I bought six Michelins for our dually. I turned down the road hazard warranty @ $30 per tire. On inspection yesterday the tread is separating on a rear tire, meaning I have to buy two new ones. Can't have one new and one old tire on a dually so they pro rated both tires. The pro rata price comes to about $240 for the pair, which I'll pay for myself.

If I had bought the road hazard it would have cost 6x30, or about $180. That's pretty expensive insurance for $60 worth of coverage!

BTW, those are the most expensive tires I've ever purchased for any vehicle and the only failure I've ever had. Who says you get what you pay for? Not so much, these days.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:47 AM   #13
Tires don't seem to last like they used to. I wouldn't buy the warranty, just keep up the maintenance and replace tires every five years or less and you should be fine. We owned our last camper for 11 years and the microwave pooped out ... cost 100.00.,Nothing else went bad so I was way ahead.
2011 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab Diesel , 2015 Jayco Eagle 338 rets
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #14
For me, buying extra warranty insurance has always been a rip-off. Any issues I've had cost far less then warranty insurance to fix. I'll never forget the time I took in my insured camcorder in to be repaired. A month later, still no camcorder. I inquired as to it's whereabouts, and was told that it wasn't covered because I had dropped it. That wasn't the case. I raised hell with management, and they finally replaced the missing camcorder with a new one. The headaches weren't worth the paper the contract was written on.

Islandfirl is offline   Reply With Quote