Problem with brake controller
I finally figured out an issue with my Activator II and thought I would pass along the info. My controller would either show 0.0, my output level, or an erratic display of random numbers. This was all without a trailer hooked up. There was a handful of problems so I'll start at the top. I had repaired the wires leading to the 7 way plug, and those had become full of water. I re-spliced them with heat shrink waterproof connectors. Next I found a broken wire in the harness between the controller and plug under the dashboard. Finally there was corrosion in the 7 way plug itself. I took the plug off and cleaned it, and the connection from the 7 way wiring harness. Now, no trailer and all I see is a decimal!! The TV by the way is a 2003 Sierra with the factory tow package.