Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #11
Thanks All, Looks like most folks have an issue with the water tank, definitely a design flaw, I'm having it and the heat pad replaced next week hope that fixes it permanently.

I spoke with Jayco (regarding propane tank overheating and releasing pressure) today and they said they would walk the dealership service department through installing a heat shield around the tank so, hopefully this will take care of the problem, I hope they are taking this as serious as I am because this could potentially be fatal and if I'm having this problem someone else out there is having it as well.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advise.

ozzypd95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #12
Had same issue with propane pressure relief valve while crossing the Mohave. Dangerous as the released gas can accumulate under the RV. Jayco had the valve replaced, ok for now, but I like the heat shield plan. We also lost almost all our fresh water when starting on a trip with a full tank, it's ok now, but don't understand what happened to cause it.

2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS with wife & 2 dogs
06 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD
Trippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #13
Yes.. yes... yes... we have the same problem with the loud sound while driving down the road. We were on here last week asking about it.
dlpatterson357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #14
I have driven through some very hot areas and roads +100's and have not had my LP psv relieve. I travel with it full (3/4). The generator on my 31FS is on the opposite side of the RV. I cant imagine the genset heat effecting the LP tank. However, the cat converters are closer to this tank... On the water tank, I have not experienced gouging, but can see the opportunity, should you rock the coach by driving over an uneven surface, driveway etc. to quickly.

TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote