Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #1

Home from our maiden voyage

Just got home yesterday (Bend, OR) from our maiden voyage.

We picked up the rig from RV One in Des Moines, IA and visited family and friends in the midwest (Hastings, NE; Topeka, KS; and Lakewood, CO) and did some RV site camping in Salt Lake City, UT and Boise, ID to round out our 10-day, 9 night voyage.

The PDI went well except for the fact that I probably knew more than the technician and the questions I had, he had to check with a service rep. A couple non-critical questions were never answered so I will read through the manuals until I find them.

One fairly major point, as far as I am concerned, was the manual over-ride for the slides in case there is a malfunction in retracting them. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Also, because the tank level indicators is such a no-brainer, I never even bothered to check and it turned out they forgot to top off the fresh water tank so I was having to country fill for the first six days of the tour (tedious).

No leaks, no system failures, only a small blemish on the hood decal which they handled immediately. and he handled like a champ over the Rockies.

I absolutely love the hot water on demand system (set to 105') and can't wait to do some more boon docking with a full fresh water tank.

2017 Greyhawk 29MV "Gandalf"
“Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
JonDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #2

Salt Lake

Hi. Where did you camp in Salt lake. Heading there in few days.
Foster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #3

Slide Manual Over-ride

I have a 2016 29MV. Have never figured out how to manually retract the slides. If you do, please let us all know.
Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #4

My 2016 Redhawk manual Section 5 has instructions on how to manually retract the slide.
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster15 View Post
Hi. Where did you camp in Salt lake. Heading there in few days.
Salt Lake City KOA
1400 W. North Temple,
(801) 328-0224

It was very nice. Clean, convenient access, helpful hosts,, and quiet (except for an occasional train in the distance.)
Old 04-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcheapo View Post
My 2016 Redhawk manual Section 5 has instructions on how to manually retract the slide.
I saw that as well. The manual covers about 3-4 different types of slides. Just gotta take a peak at the mechanism to verify which one I have.