Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

INSURANCE on a Greyhawk 29MV

Who do you have, and approximate cost per year?
goldenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:52 PM   #2

We have a 31fs with full coverage, with progressive and it costs 400 per year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hivoltage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #3

Thanks alot. I've been told Progressive is the most reasonable. We have State Farm, and I haven't gotten an estimate yet, planning on our future purchase. Appreciate your response.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #4

I use Progressive and pay $700/yr. I have 500K/500K, 300 ded.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:56 PM   #5

Thank you. Everyone here is so friendly and willing to share very helpful information. We are looking forward to joining the Jayco Family from down in the Big Easy. Louisiana weather can be very brutal, so we have decided to get the 29MV with the second A/C. Thanks to everyone rendering their opinion and experiences which helped us make this decision. Now, where to buy it. So many different prices from different dealers. We'll travel to get one. Any suggestions on a dealer who is fair in your area?
Old 07-14-2017, 08:09 PM   #6

We went with Good Sam for both vehicles. We have more coverage for much less money than with Geico! Ck them out.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Decrows2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:54 PM   #7

Thanks, DeCrows2. I am a Good Sam member too. I'll get a quote from them as well. If there is a "problem" with RV, does that mean you have to go to Camping World for the repair?
Old 07-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #8

We have full coverage with Progressive for our 2014 Redhawks, we pay slightly less than $600 a year. Last year was our first year with Progressive, as well as our first year with our motorhome. We did have a fairly large claim--around 7K. (Don't even ask.....) I was expecting a BIG increase when our renewal came due--but it stayed the same!

I'm a happy camper!
TVQ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #9

We use Geico for about 800 per year.
For purchasing the RV check around, I would not recommend buying from Camping World. I check all of the local dealers within 150 miles of my home. None willing to deal. I ended up buying from Colerain in OH. Got ours a good 20% less than anyone local dealer would deal. Colerain ordered it from the factory just the way we wanted it. Got it in 6 weeks from order date with 250 miles on it. saved enough on the deal to more than cover the one way airfare to go pick it up.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #10

We also use progressive, about 700 for 2017 29 MV. We did go through our agent so I'm sure there is a kick for them in that price as well....like to have an agent to do the work!!!
Baldfacemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 08:34 PM   #11

New 2017 Grayhawk. Thru Good Sam , 737.00 to start but when taxes for this and that wound up 860.00 what a surprise!
Tightline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:53 PM   #12

Shoppping Around For Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
We use Geico for about 800 per year.
For purchasing the RV check around, I would not recommend buying from Camping World. I check all of the local dealers within 150 miles of my home. None willing to deal. I ended up buying from Colerain in OH. Got ours a good 20% less than anyone local dealer would deal. Colerain ordered it from the factory just the way we wanted it. Got it in 6 weeks from order date with 250 miles on it. saved enough on the deal to more than cover the one way airfare to go pick it up.
Got that right, GeorgiaRV. We have purchased other RV's out of state, and won't hesitate to do the same with this one. I have been told by Camping World that if I didn't buy from them, and I need service, I will be LAST ONE serviced behind those that did buy from them. So be it.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbetty View Post
Got that right, GeorgiaRV. We have purchased other RV's out of state, and won't hesitate to do the same with this one. I have been told by Camping World that if I didn't buy from them, and I need service, I will be LAST ONE serviced behind those that did buy from them. So be it.
You definitely don't want to use CW for service. I am sure others would agree. I would highly recommend finding another reputable service location to do your service. Or if you are handy do most of it yourself. I do most of mine myself where I can. So far no real issues to bring it into a service location for anything.

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote