Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #1

Melbourne questions

Hi. I'm new to this forum and have a couple questions about our Melbourne 29D - it's a 2014 that we recently purchased.

Where is the fuse panel? I know where the one in the engine compartment is but I can't find another one.

How do you get at the back of the TV? I'd like to plug in an HDMI cable.

Thanks for the help. - Woody
WoodyWoodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:56 PM   #2

Woody, welcome to the JOF and congratulations on your Melbourne 29D. We don't have a 29D however, regarding the TV, the way we access the back is to pull on a lanyard hanging underneath the TV. This unlocks the wall mount allowing the TV to swing out. Check and see if yours has this black mesh lanyard hanging down.
jkaras7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:13 PM   #3

Thanks for the idea. No lanyard that I can find. I can see and feel some of the plugs on the left edge of the tv. None of the manuals are any help. There is a slightly overhanging trim piece on the top that would prevent the tv from hinging on the side. It could hinge on the top...

Maybe a big ceiling piece above the front seats pops out to give access?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

TV Lanyard

Sorry it wasn't helpful. Here is a picture of the lanyard I was talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
TV Lanyard.jpg  
Old 08-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

You got a lanyard? They must have left ours off. Seems like there was another post within the last 2 months with the same issue but different model. Try doing a search here on the forum. I don't have a good connection or else I would try to find it for you.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfflyer View Post
You got a lanyard? They must have left ours off. Seems like there was another post within the last 2 months with the same issue but different model. Try doing a search here on the forum. I don't have a good connection or else I would try to find it for you.

Hi Woody, had a good laugh when I saw your post! I'm still trying to get to the back of my tv! You will find my posts asking for the same help. I too have a Melbourne 29d. I did get the side panels loose that are on via velcro so I could take photos behind but found no releases. I think we have to remove top wood panel and then I still don't know if that would work. Please let me know if you figure it out!!! Good Luck!!!

2015 Jayco Melbourne 29 D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyWoodhouse View Post
Thanks for the idea. No lanyard that I can find. I can see and feel some of the plugs on the left edge of the tv. None of the manuals are any help. There is a slightly overhanging trim piece on the top that would prevent the tv from hinging on the side. It could hinge on the top...

Maybe a big ceiling piece above the front seats pops out to give access?
Here's a couple more photos showing the lanyard and the pin locking the TV so it does not move when traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
TV Lanyard 3.jpg   TV Lanyard 4.jpg  
Old 08-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi. I'm new to this forum and have a couple questions about our Melbourne 29D - it's a 2014 that we recently purchased.

Where is the fuse panel? I know where the one in the engine compartment is but I can't find another one.

How do you get at the back of the TV? I'd like to plug in an HDMI cable.

Thanks for the help. - Woody
The fuse panel for the coach functions is located next to the floor, on the end of the pedestal of the bed.

We had a 2014 Melbourne 29D for 3 years and never were able to find a way to get to the back of the TV. I'm assuming you're talking about the TV that is located near the ceiling, immediately aft of the cab.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfenwick View Post
The fuse panel for the coach functions is located next to the floor, on the end of the pedestal of the bed.

We had a 2014 Melbourne 29D for 3 years and never were able to find a way to get to the back of the TV. I'm assuming you're talking about the TV that is located near the ceiling, immediately aft of the cab.
We have a Melbourne 24L and the TV is on the right (passenger) side of the bunk bed above the cab. Does there appear to be a pin behind the wall mount of your TV that you could possibly hook with something to release it? Just a thought.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:40 PM   #10

I believe Woody is talking about the previous type of Melbourne, built on the Ford E450 chassis. Totally different.
chasfenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:53 PM   #11

Understood. I was thinking that perhaps the wall mounts were essentially the same.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:54 PM   #12

John & Marcie, thanks for the photos. The TV is indeed above the E-450 cab. I don't know if there is a locking pin or not yet.

Chasfenwick - thanks for the fuse panel info.

jkaras7 - that doesn't sound promising! I'm going to try to call Jayco Tech' support.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #13

Success!
After removing the trim piece above the TV, I was able to snake my arm and a small ratchet driver behind the TV and unscrew 4 small bolts. Installed the HDMI cable and then reversed the process. Difficult to line up the TV and tedious to find the bolt holes but it worked out.
Not a good TV install, Jayco, I know you can do better.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Success!
After removing the trim piece above the TV, I was able to snake my arm and a small ratchet driver behind the TV and unscrew 4 small bolts. Installed the HDMI cable and then reversed the process. Difficult to line up the TV and tedious to find the bolt holes but it worked out.
So after you had it apart that is the way it was designed to be taken apart?
That sucks and what were they thinking.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:58 PM   #15

Where were the bolts? Not sure if i can do it [emoji23]

2015 Jayco Melbourne 29 D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #16

Quote:
Success!
I take it you did not find a release pin on the back of the TV wall mount like to the pictures I sent in a previous email.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #17

Yeah, no release pin found.
There were two metal mounting brackets horizontally across the opening, with the small (about 7mm) bolts spaced about one third of the way from each side.
After I had those bolts out and the TV free, I thought about making some sort of more easily removable bracket, but didn't want to spend the time.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:52 PM   #18

Hi! We are new too, just bought a 2015 Melbourne 29D. The fuse panel is located at the foot of the bed.
We were told that to access the tv area, in the cabinet to the right of the tv, remove the back of the cabinet (has screws) and that will get you there. (We have just got ours and have not done this yet) But we do know the fuse panel is at the foot of the bed!!
Tommi Lee Alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #19

Hey Woody! Where is the fuse panel in the engine compartment?
Tommi Lee Alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #20

Tommi,
I removed the back panel of the cabinet to the right of the TV and I didn't think there was enough room to reach over to the back of the TV. The left side of the cabinet and the padding and wires were all in the way.