Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2017, 08:33 PM   #1

Redhawk slide out not working

HI, I have a 2015 Jayco Redhawk and the closet slideout stopped working with it about 4 inches out. The manual is saying to push it in but it is not moving. Does anyone know if there is an overide for this or a manual crank. The manual is not showing anything. I did check the fuse like the manual suggested and it is fine. It is giving me a code issue on the panel. If there is a manual crank does anyone know where it is located on the Redhawk 23X model?
Thanks
GabbySilas
GabbySilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #2

How many red blinks are you getting on the controller? I'm having a similar issue with one motor not working and down loaded and printed the trouble shooting guide.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:10 PM   #3

Hi Thanks, The Fault code is blinking 4 times and then it go to the room and lock movement and blinks 2 times and back to the Fault code for the same series of blinks
Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #4

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the override to work. This is how it is done if anyone else runs into this problem. If you controller is a Power Gear on your Jayco. You need to write down how many red and green flashes you are having for the code for service later. Then unscrew the panel that is flashing. Wait until it complete stops flashing. Then on the back of the panel push and hold 5 seconds or so the set stop/clear fault button on the back of the switch or until both leds on the front come on green will flash and red will be solid. Then the next step is press and hold all the motor buttons and at same time press either the in or out. Then at least you can get the slide out in so you can get it to a service center. There is a link on the Jayco site fo the Power gear instructions pg-82-S0521.pdf
Old 03-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #5

I have a 2017 23XM redhawk and would like to know where is the slide out controller located? I have no problem but at some point may need to know its location. Thanks
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:51 PM   #6

It is behind the slide out control. You unscrew it from the wall. I will attach a picture
Attached Thumbnails
0311172156.jpg  
Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbySilas View Post
Thanks for the help. I was able to get the override to work. This is how it is done if anyone else runs into this problem. If you controller is a Power Gear on your Jayco. You need to write down how many red and green flashes you are having for the code for service later. Then unscrew the panel that is flashing. Wait until it complete stops flashing. Then on the back of the panel push and hold 5 seconds or so the set stop/clear fault button on the back of the switch or until both leds on the front come on green will flash and red will be solid. Then the next step is press and hold all the motor buttons and at same time press either the in or out. Then at least you can get the slide out in so you can get it to a service center. There is a link on the Jayco site fo the Power gear instructions pg-82-S0521.pdf
Did you have to go under the slide and disengage the slide lock? I just read a couple of pdf's and they all had that in them. Just wondering. You got it to move by only removing the panel and resetting? I am not having any problems either, but I'd like to print this and put it with my trouble shooting notebook just in case.
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #8

Thanks but my slide out switches are on same panel with the inverter, holding tanks, generator start. My unit is a Redhawk 2017 maybe the fault indicators have been relocated. I see wires running down the wall into the basement part underneath the bed and there is a cover there perhaps that is where they are. I will check when the weather gets a little warmer around here. The manual is generic and simply does not apply and not very helpful.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:48 PM   #9

I did not unlock anything under the slide out. Only used the override on the back of the panel. I did not see any notes on the pdf to unlock the slide out nor did I see any lock.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:40 AM   #10

Do you know where it is on the 2020 24B? I cannot find mine.
R2Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:53 PM   #11

Slide out question

Not sure if it is the same controller on 2020. Mine is a poweregear controller. So the panel you use to put your slide out in and out. I unscrew it from the wall panel and the override control is on the back of the controller when you pull it out of the wall. Hope it helps.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Rocketeer View Post
Do you know where it is on the 2020 24B? I cannot find mine.

It is a black box under the bedroom drawers with everything else electrical and plumbing. Crawl under the bed, remove the panel and stick your pinky finger toward the Rt side of the opening. Press the button 6 times then on the 7th time hold it down until it starts flashing. You have about 30 seconds or so to move the slide in/out in the override state. I have to do this frequently. I can no longer get the re-timing of the slide process to work. I believe that I will always have intermittent slide issues and hope it never leaves me stranded.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:22 PM   #13

XM Traveler, I also own a 2017 Redhawk 23XM. Did you ever find the location of either of the Schwintech slideout controllers? I'm a newbe, haven't taken this rig out yet. I can't find either controller. Any help or direction would be much appreciated
Thumbsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 05:33 PM   #14

The photo shown is not what I have on the 2017 Redhawk 23xm. My controller is under the bed. I wish it was located behind the slide out switches. Jayco must have just different configuration for the Redhawk.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:40 PM   #15

I replied already concerning where mine are located it seems it may be different depending on how they configured it maybe on what day of the week it was at time. For me the the blinking of lights is somewhat confusing but removing the motors for the slide room appears to be quite simple. Have not had to to do it yet but if there is a problem that is what I plan to do in order to get the slide out to retract. There is a good video from Lippert on these motors. I even purchased an additional one for spare should a failure occur. If you pull back the rubber seal from each side of slide the and remove the 12 power connection according to Lippert video the motor can easily be removed.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:33 PM   #16

XMtraveler, thank you for giving me input and direction. I will watch the Lippert video on how to remove the motors. I have found the controllers under the bed as you suggested and still have the issue of the rear slide covering the bed box if the slide is in the closed position. For me, I was most concerned about a slide in the out position and not being able to travel down the road. Now, I see all the posts above on this thread and will read these posts concerning the controller symptom lights. Again, thank you for helping me out.
Thumbsticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:17 PM   #17

Fortunately I have not had a problem yet with the slides but initially after exploring the box under the bed with the flashing lights I looked at the video by Lippert several times. I then peeled back the rubber covering on the motors located in the upper corners of each slide. I did not remove but according to Lippert it is a very simple quick fix in an emergency especially when on the road and far from home. Removing the motors the slides can be pushed in and out with little effort. The catch here is if you remove the motors to be able to slide in or out you should have a couple of shower curtain rods to keep the defective one from sliding freely in and out on the highway. There was a time when most RV company recommended placing shower curtain rods to keep the slide out from moving in and out a little even when there was no problem. We towed two large fifth wheels back in the 80s and 90s and heavy ones at that. Today I suspect most slides are driven in and out by electric motors instead of the big hydraulic motors of the past. All in all I think the Lippert one of removal is what I will do should I have a problem with the slide but so far no issue. Even though the sound of wardrobe slide makes more noise than does the bed slide but both move in and out with no issue.