Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
First off... Welcome aboard!

As Jopopsy, I also have the 29MV and the Mrs. and I really like it!. This is our first motor-home as our previous RV was an 25 ft Airstream.

With that being said we knew we wanted a longer kitchen counter and a bedroom where you could move around in. As the guys say... the more storage you have the more "junk" you carry! which equals more weight/gas ! We also cleaned house when we transferred the actual "stuff" we use and required. (we ended up getting rid of more then half of what we were carrying and even forgot that we had put some of the stuff in the trailer.

As for the chairs, we put two of our Costco folding chairs (as Jopopsy does) in the large rear storage area. I even put the extra propane tank and folding table back there. As for brooms, I take the pole off the brush and it fits perfectly!

When I'm not towing my truck, I attach the Cargo carrier

(Robot Check )

which allows me to carry additional "stuff" if need be...

As for Toppers, I purchased mine at CWorld. They did have to remove the gutter on the large living room slider as there is minimum space.

Also love the fact that the door is at the end of the awning. And yes, we do like the LED lights that are part of the awning. It keeps me from having to bring a light out and for those warm summer evenings when you set out side and drink those adult beverages!

And I really love those levelers.. Had to hand crank them on the Airstream. Not good on hot and rainy days. Love the fact that shower is separate (across) from bathroom. Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth of input!

2015 GrayHawk 29MV/Toad - 2015 Frontier

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead"! - Thomas Paine
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:12 AM   #12
Those are all the same things I love about that model! Would love recliners instead of a sofa though…I have found some threads that say it can be done after market, but we are not handy.

Decisions, decisions.

Gloria and Bruce
gandb26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:44 AM   #13
I really like the sofa. We just got a storage ottoman to plop in front of it.
2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #14
The sofa is great... Perhaps someday I'll get to it before our Newfoundland, and actually get to try it out!
The Logan's
2016 Redhawk 26XD
Me, Dear Wife,
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #15
I did the same thing with two small storage ottomans. One for shoes and one for toys. Great foot rest for the couch and tucks under the dinette when not in use.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #16
We put the throw blankets in the ottoman. We still try to take our shoes off when entering the coach; just like we do at home. Most of the time it even works !
2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #17
I would go with the FK, because of the outside storage. Can't have too much outside storage. The other model I would seriously look for if I was doing it again, would be the Greyhawk 31DS
Bluesky46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
my wifes # 1 requirement

A big Kitchen...so we bought the 29 mv...
#2 requirement, a big bedroom with nice big closet and drawers...
Our 29mv has everything we need and then some..
Coming from a class A, we lost tons of storage, but most of that stuff we never used...
I still carry two 5 gallon jugs extra water, a Honda 2000 generator, folding lawn chairs, a 110v. air compressor, even one compartment used for two 6v. golf cart batteries upgrade.
So storage is just fine, the more storage one has, just means more junk to haul around, in my opinion...
Good luck with your search...

StevWb is offline   Reply With Quote