Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #1

Question 2012 Pinnacle 31rlts

My wife and just took delivery on a Pinnacle 31rlts. We discovered several things after we got it home that we missed on our PDI and wondered if anyone else had these problems. Nothing major but things that should be corrected by Jayco engineers. I told dealer service and e-mailed Jayco, but was told they are design errors.
First, on the 31rlts the couch will not go back against the wall at one end because of a wood outlet box attached to the wall. If you run into this, take the cover off and you will see two screws holding it to the wall. Remove the screws and move the box one inch to the right and the couch fits fine.
Second, the part of the fender flair on the entertainment slide, when the slide is in, sticks out a full inch from the other part of the flair. I took it off and cut down enough, when the slide is in, it fits flush. I had to super glue the screw mounts back to the piece before screwing it back.
Third, I have Dish as my satellite service. I dicovered that all there receivers are to wide and deep (14 X 15") to fit in any cabinets by the main tv. If I put in the bed room, I can only get standard definition on the big screen tv. Anyone have a answer for this ?
sldlbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #2

Sorry for the issues on your new Pinnacle, hope these are only minor problems and you enjoy you new Pinnacle.
Wish we could be more help with your issues but;

As far as the couch goes, we do not have the probem since we moved our couch to the rear and put in the Theater Seating unit in its place, it clears the plug with no problem.

No help on the fender flairs as on our Pinnacle they both are one piece instead of two pieces broken up by the slide.

Also no help with the satelite since we currently do not have any satelite service, so far we have just used park cable for our TV. That may change in the future so I will watch to see if anybody has a comment.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, sldlbates!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #4

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum sldlbates! Thanks for coming in and posting those two 'fixes' that you figured out. Other new Pinnacle owners will appreciate it. Hope others here can help you with the satellite issue. Congrats on the new 5'er!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

Hope you enjoy your 5th wheel.
2012 Dodge 3500
US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population
rthibodaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #6

Sorry to hear you had to find and fix issues on your new Jayco.
We hope to take delivery of our new 31 RLTS in late February or early March. Hope Jayco has a fix on the production line for the two problems you've experienced.

Enjoy you new RV! We are anxiously waiting for ours to be built and delivered!

'06 2500 Silverado 4X4, Duramax LBZ Diesel, Firestone air bags
'08 Tracker Pro Guide V-16 Boat
'12 Pinnacle 31RLTS
taviking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #7

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sldlbates View Post
Third, I have Dish as my satellite service. I dicovered that all there receivers are to wide and deep (14 X 15") to fit in any cabinets by the main tv. If I put in the bed room, I can only get standard definition on the big screen tv. Anyone have a answer for this ?
Thats what sucks about Dish, We were only getting standard def in our bedroom at home and I took that tv off the dish and went to an antenna as we only watch network channels up there. Down stairs we have it hooked into the dish.

I think you can get hi def on both with Direct, I'm going to be looking into this in the not to distant future.

Steve
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote