Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #1

2015 Pinnacle 36 REQ - Couch issue

we just received our beautiful 2015 36REQ. We are so happy! We just have a couple issues. We have the "L" shaped couch. the L part of the couch has rollers on the bottom to slide, but when the slide goes in, it hits the counter from the kitchen. Called Jayco, they told us that we have to pick up that part of the couch and put it on the other part of the couch. There is nothing to tie in down with. When traveling, even a very short time, that piece flies around, even damaging the recliner chairs during the trip. Help!!!!! I am so not happy with this. Does anyone else have the same year and model with the "L" couch having the same issue???????

Thanks in advance for any information.

Christine Bono
chrisbono62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #2

I do have the L shape couch, what I do for travel is it lays on its side in between the couch and dinning table perfectly. I only have two of the dinette chair with us, just me and wife now, so for travel we put them both on the same side closest to the door, the table sides 12" each way, so we push the table close as we can to the two free standing chairs, then the reclining chair fits in that spot on its side.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
2010 F-350 Harley Davidson 6.4L Powerstroke
Short Box Crewcab
6" Procomp Suspension Lift & 35" M/T Toyo Tires
Doug & Nikki, 2 fur babies
Murphy & Chloe are Shar Pei
68 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:26 PM   #3

If you need to keep all 4 free standing chair, then you have to find another plan, me and the wife like having a full side of table, if there is company, we have lots of other seating if needed. It is a bit of work laying the chair over onto the unfinished side, then we use our blanket throw, to protect from any scratching. Have traveled many miles with this placement, nothing moves and it's all good. Even our local dealer didn't know how to pack the unit up for travel. So to make the dinner table slide, look for a little hinge closest to the window, which will allow for it to slide...we don't keep it locked down at all now. Good luck and congrats with your new rig, we love ours.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab
Old 07-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #4

Thank you so much for your reply. I believe that the designers messed up with this. The chair has rollers on it. We were told by Jayco to place on the couch. I personally can not lift the chair. It's interesting, everything else in here has strapping except that chair. I will check out your suggestion.

We really LOVE our new home away from home.

Thanks,

Christine Bono

Grass Valley, CA
chrisbono62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:14 PM   #5

Your right about not being able to lift the sectional, it's also a recliner and has lots of iron, I don't move it very far myself, good luck.

2015 Pinnacle 36REQS
Short Box Crewcab