Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #11
Our 2012 26.5 RLS is totally accessible with the slides in. A person could cook a meal at the stove after taking fixings out of the fridge or the pantry. Only problem is the wardrobe slide, it's tight to the bed so a person would have to go to the other side to get in. Bathroom is totally accessible as well. Also, due to having to move one of the swivel rockers over toward the door, it's a little tight, but I can get in fairly easily and I'm certainly not petite.

2012 GMC 2500HD D/A Crewcab
2012 Jayco Eagle SuperLite HT 26.5 RLS
2009 Crestliner Superhawk 1900
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2
jal0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:45 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
On quick stops you'll be able to use the frig and stove but not the microwave. You need to be pluged into shore power or run a generator.
Thanks Tunce. It may seem obvious to others that I wasn't able to use the microwave, but it wasn't to me! I'm very new to this and am on a steep learning curve. But, this forum is helping greatly at reducing the steepness of that curve!

Laura, hubby and Lucy (cat)
Still trying to decide what I want/need and can spend hubby's money on
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
We have a 2013 321RLTS Premier. When all slides are in we have full access to our dining table/chairs, the full kitchen, bathroom and even our bed. ( I have to crawl across the bed.) This is very handy for overnight stops in fuel stations, rest areas and of course Wal-Mart. This is our second Jayco. The first one, (2007 291RLTS) we could not access anything without putting out our slides at least a little. So, when looking for a new 5er, we looked at how much access we had when closed up.
KLGard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Flapper View Post
We got the optional rocker recliners in our 26.5 RLS, which can be hard to move around for stowing when bringing the slides in. That also means you have to be pretty precise in getting them right so you can squeeze past them when entering the trailer to access the kitchen, with the slide in. Helps if you are skinny (We're not) Once past them, everything is usable. Space is tight - we have been know to put the slide out a foot or so when at a rest stop, but overall, you can get to and use everything, even sit at the dining table, with it in. Mind, it is not at all the preferred way....but for a stop along the road it is doable.

Ditto on the bedroom comment - if really skinny you might be able to get into bed, but the wardrobe slide really should go out at least a little for real world use. Bathroom is always accessible, once past the chairs at the entrance doorway!

This is where the extra foot for the 27.5 might come in really handy!
"We have the same model fifth wheel as you but don't have the recliners. We are wanting to get though. Two questions: the chair nearest the door, will it fully recline. Also what is the brand model of your chairs? Thanks, Yvonne Brown 253-312-0458"
Dana & Yvonne Brown
mybrown29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #15
The Fridge is not accessible on the 27.5 with the door side slide in, unless you are really thin. The slide will have to go out about a foot to gain access. We're not crazy about that, but our priority was being able to get to the bathroom during a stop. Some rest areas we have stopped at, the restrooms are some distance from where the camper parking is.

Randy, Karen & Abby (Pom-a-Poo)
2014 Eagle HT 27.5RLTS
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote