Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #1

Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS

Looking at this floorplan online, and my wife and I really like the layout. However, we haven't had a chance to look at one in person. The only thing that concerns us, is that I don't see a pass-through storage compartment on the outside. While we don't need a lot of storage, we do need a little. Can someone tell me if there is any external storage at all on this model?
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #2

We just purchased one of these and also really like the floorplan. I just posted a new thread with some pros and cons.

It has less basement storage than other plans. There is some outside storage under the master bed, and there is some outside storage in the front by the pin. However, the outside storage is less than other floorplans.

For us this works OK, and we are able to store things in the bunk area, like camp chairs and cots. We are going to experiment to see if we can fit bicycles here too (if not, we can use that nice rear hitch for a bike rack).

More outside storage would be nice, but we couldn't find another fifth wheel in this length with a similar layout that worked as well for us.
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Have you already put in a queen mattress in the bunk area? Just curious if you completely removed the two lower mattresses, or if you just put the queen mattress over them. Nice to hear that it does have some storage. We are coming from a pop up, so we are used to not having a ton of storage. Our main concern is for things like outside chairs and other stuff we might not want to lay on bunks because they might be dirty.
tim665214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #4

We haven't put in the queen mattress yet. However, the two bottom "bunks" are moveable mattress pads on the floor. You can lift them off of the floor and have an area that is 74" front to back (the length of the bunks) by 93" across.

I understand the concern about not wanting dirty stuff inside. We would prefer that too. We moved the mattress from one of the upper bunks and put it on the other upper bunk, and stored camp chairs on the wood base of the upper bunk. Seems like it will work OK.
content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #5

We have ours now since September and really like it. Like you, we were concerned about the outside storage but with our three little boys It was just the best floor plan for us..and as others said... most probably there will be a compromise somewhere.

So far we were not longer than 7 days in a row camping (in total may be 20 days) and we had no issue with space. Our 4 chairs (we however have for sure not the biggest chairs...) fit in the compartment under the master bed with quite some other stuff. In the front compartment we have some boxes plus the patio mats. In addition we have the short bed F350 with a Reese Hitch together with the Resse Revolution which leaves us a quite lot of space in the bed... I put two kids bikes, a BBQ and a big box with tools and other stuff in there...

In the end you have to know what your priorities are.
Bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote