Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 AM   #1

First Day blues

Well I took delivery yesterday of a 2014 351RLTS Premier. Unit had sat unused for a few years. It's in fine shape cosmetically. Actually looks spankin brand new.

The previous owner had only used it a total of 7 days in 2014 and then his spouse fell ill and eventually passed.

I've found a few issues upon plugging it in to shore power but they're all minor.
1. Living room TV has no color. Just B&W.
2. The sound system sucks and I can't figure out how to activate the outdoor speakers.
3. The water hookup control
panel is mega confusing
4. How the hell do you open the kitchen roof vent? Stand on the counter? Crazy.

First day blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chrisroser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:42 AM   #2

Welcome and congrats. Being a 2014 Eagle Premier I will assume it's very similar to my unit in options.

The panel should have a key posted above the small black levers advising the combos to get the water system working as needed. Pretty much only need to use the City for pressurized water hose hookup or "normal" for on board water pump water drawn from the tank. You can only load water to the tank from that same connection and utilize the pump to do so from a container or the city pressurized way.

If the TV is an LG like mine, play around with it in the menu and check your connections behind the TV to confirm it's all connected correctly.

The speakers are junk inside and out. I replaced my inside with some 3 ways that 4 cost less than $100.00. There are numerous threads on this site on the direct replacement brands and sizes to use. Another popular option is a sound bar.

There are 3 buttons on your deck that say A,B,C. Press them down one at a time to figure which letter corresponds to the outside speakers.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #3

First Day blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
Welcome and congrats. Being a 2014 Eagle Premier I will assume it's very similar to my unit in options.

The panel should have a key posted above the small black levers advising the combos to get the water system working as needed. Pretty much only need to use the City for pressurized water hose hookup or "normal" for on board water pump water drawn from the tank. You can only load water to the tank from that same connection and utilize the pump to do so from a container or the city pressurized way.

If the TV is an LG like mine, play around with it in the menu and check your connections behind the TV to confirm it's all connected correctly.

The speakers are junk inside and out. I replaced my inside with some 3 ways that 4 cost less than $100.00. There are numerous threads on this site on the direct replacement brands and sizes to use. Another popular option is a sound bar.

There are 3 buttons on your deck that say A,B,C. Press them down one at a time to figure which letter corresponds to the outside speakers.

Hi and thanks for the info. TV is a Toshiba. I did check the connections on the TV and the deck. They use a yellow ended video cable yet there is no yellow in video on the tv. The deck has no hdmi out so I can't use that. Frustrating. Bedroom tv works fine.

Previous owner had Dealer winterize before storing it. Seems they didn't do the filter housing because it's now broke. That's my today's project.

What part of NY are you in?

Old 07-28-2017, 06:48 AM   #4

On our Eagle 325bhqs C was the outside speakers.

sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #5

Are you trying to watch TV from your antenna or from a DVD? If from antenna, then the coax cable is the only connection needed. You do know that you need to have the antenna power booster button ON and have the TV scan for channels.
If viewing from DVD, what output from the deck is being used? If no hdmi, then what is it labeled? If it's component output then you can have a couple of the three cables wrong and it will be black and white. Here's more info on that.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_video
It could also be a TV setting. My mother in law has a TV with a button on the remote that she accidentally presses and it goes to black and white.
We couldn't reach our kitchen vent either so had a fan installed with a remote.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #6

First Day blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Are you trying to watch TV from your antenna or from a DVD? If from antenna, then the coax cable is the only connection needed. You do know that you need to have the antenna power booster button ON and have the TV scan for channels.

If viewing from DVD, what output from the deck is being used? If no hdmi, then what is it labeled? If it's component output then you can have a couple of the three cables wrong and it will be black and white. Here's more info on that.

It could also be a TV setting. My mother in law has a TV with a button on the remote that she accidentally presses and it goes to black and white.

The deck has a single yellow video out rca. The Toshiba tv has the 3 component inputs. green blue and red. I believe it's the blue connection that works but only in B&W. very strange.

We only are able to use the DVD. No cable or antenna stations where I'm at.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:43 AM   #7

Our 351 is a '13 and our kitchen vent has a thermostat next to the A/C-furnace thermostat which it to the right of the sink. The thermostat is an analog and I think it's intended for a furnace, it turns the fan on when its cooler than the setpoint.
As already noted there should be a "decoder" sticker in the water cabinet detailing the valve positions. I was puzzled by the "Normal" setting. What's Normal? Turns out Normal is using tank water, go figure. There's also WH bypass vales in the cabinet.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #8

Well that explains it. The TV has component inputs, which require that all three are used to make a color picture. What kind of deck is it that only has the single, analog yellow output (composite)? If it doesn't have other outputs then I'd bust open my piggybank for a cheap costco or walmart bluray player that can connect to your tv.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Well that explains it. The TV has component inputs, which require that all three are used to make a color picture. What kind of deck is it that only has the single, analog yellow output (composite)? If it doesn't have other outputs then I'd bust open my piggybank for a cheap costco or walmart bluray player that can connect to your tv.

A new wall mount RV stereo with HDMI and Bluetooth should be in the $150-300 range, and if you have ever installed a car stereo it's easy.

2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:33 AM   #10

Quote:

Where is the antenna booster usually located. The antenna crank on this rig is located in the front bedroom but I don't see any booster. Thx

Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 AM   #11

Our antenna booster was located behind the main tv in the living room. Hard to see until you shine a flashlight back there. I thought our cabling was messed up until I read that the antenna booster when enabled essentially disables the cable tv feed.

sean.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
A new wall mount RV stereo with HDMI and Bluetooth should be in the $150-300 range, and if you have ever installed a car stereo it's easy.

Think I have it figured out. I found a converter box at Walmart. RCA to hdmi. Fingers crossed.