Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
Mine is at the shop now. Jayco has told the shop that there is a 2 week wait for new redesigned braces. Apparently they are putting them on all the 2017s. My shop is going to ask to make their own brackets if the Jayco ones do not arrive by mid July as I have a 10 day trip at the end of the month. Guess we will see what happens.....
I had to limp my slide in an inch or so at a time about 40 button presses last Sunday.
And I'm am on a 10 day trip as well this coming Sunday.
Should be pleasant

Nothing my dealer can do right now. He said call Jayco roadside assistance if I'm stuck.

klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #152

I dropped mine off at the dealer this week and their warranty guy contacted Jayco who told him to contact Lippert. Lippert is shipping out an outrigger repair kit and my dealer told they needed 2 day shipping and should have it tomorrow. My dealer has never done one of these so they don't know what all the kit contains and how to install it. He said looking at the pictures it looks like it doubles them up.

estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #153

Rock,

I have a 2016 Pinnacle 36KPTS with the large fridge and I think the slide on mine is longer than yours. I've had mine for 4 months and used it a few times. Just got back from 9 days in Disney and upon reading this thread just had to crawl under and take a look. I have 5 of the outriggers with the bottom curled 90 deg. and 9 rollers. I haven't seen a problem yet but now this sure has me looking. Anybody with this unit have any issues? I put slides out first then auto level. My dealer, whom I totally trust, says that is the only way to prevent problems. Since the Schwintek slides came out he has only had this issue 3 times and it was due to auto leveling on very un-level ground then putting slides out causing beams to over twist. He's been a Jayco dealer for over 30 years and actually does the service work himself along with his Son-in-Law and he really knows his stuff. I'm going to look into this with him Tuesday. Prevention is the best precaution.

Cheers,
Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #154

Dave, just curious which dealer you're referring to. Down that way by chance?
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)

"Vaco Customs - Making RVs Like They Should Be"
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #155

BigJohn,

I use Steve's RV in Lacombe La. Have bought 3 Jayco's from him and he's honest, fair priced and fast on fixing any issues. I recommend him highly.

Dave
Dave & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:19 PM   #156

And that's where I got mine. I love those guys at Steve's. Probably the best dealer I've done business with, and I'm almost impossible to impress.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)

"Vaco Customs - Making RVs Like They Should Be"
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:49 PM   #157

Dave I think you're right about putting the slides out first and the pressure the leveling puts on the frame.
I can see no other reason for Jayco switching to 12" frames for north point and pinnacle in 2017.
They don't just abandon "proven" engineering and step it up if they weren't wrong to begin with.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #158

Dave & Cheryl
I have been set up at my camp for a month now and so far all is well. Your slide must be longer to have five supports. I will measure mine when I get back to camp. When the slides are out all the weight is right above the frame rail and outrigger. It makes no sense that putting slides out first than leveling would cause the bending of the outriggers To me that would make them bend when the frame flexes during leveling. I sure wish Jayco would give a correct answer from there engineers to level or not. I would thing that your frame would flex on highway bumps and angle turns on inclined on driveway inclines
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #159

Picked my camper up today and they leveled the floor and installed a beefier outrigger which is thicker steel and also doubled up. Lippert told my dealer this will fix the problem without needing any additional installed- we will see. My dealer said to keep an eye on it and any signs of trouble let them know.

estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #160

How did they get to the floor to install the two bolts without removing the slide?
Rock

Rock is offline   Reply With Quote