Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #11

For the dip in the floor check this thread:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f6...lse-35795.html

estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #12

Wow, what has happened to Jayco? After 5 years with a Keystone product toyhauler, I was looking to buy my 3rd Jayco, since I had been so happy with two prior Jayco TT's. I happened to discover Heartland rv's during my search, and found a 5th wheel that was almost identical to the HT model I had my eye on. Everything spec'd out about the same, with a price tag some $8k lower at that time. Bought the Heartland and haven't looked back. Had it in once for a couple of minor warranty items at the end of the first camping season, and nothing since. It is the quality that Jayco used to be, but sounds like they have slipped somewhat. Sorry to hear that, and glad now that I didn't purchase one.

Becky, Bob and Taylie & Bode
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
His and Hers Polaris 570 Touring ATV's
Bobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobx2 View Post
Wow, what has happened to Jayco? After 5 years with a Keystone product toyhauler, I was looking to buy my 3rd Jayco, since I had been so happy with two prior Jayco TT's. I happened to discover Heartland rv's during my search, and found a 5th wheel that was almost identical to the HT model I had my eye on. Everything spec'd out about the same, with a price tag some $8k lower at that time. Bought the Heartland and haven't looked back. Had it in once for a couple of minor warranty items at the end of the first camping season, and nothing since. It is the quality that Jayco used to be, but sounds like they have slipped somewhat. Sorry to hear that, and glad now that I didn't purchase one.
FYI, Thor owns Heartland and Jayco. I'm proud to own one of the last real Jayco's Happy to hear you've had good luck with your Thor product. That should put a few peoples mind at ease, yet raises concerns for others.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:22 PM   #14

Yep, aware that Thor owns both. However, that doesn't mean that all plants have the same QC in place. All rv's are not created equally, even with a common owner in place. Hopefully they get their issues ironed out and get back to where they used to be, and to where some currently are.

Becky, Bob and Taylie & Bode
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
His and Hers Polaris 570 Touring ATV's
Bobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobx2 View Post
Yep, aware that Thor owns both. However, that doesn't mean that all plants have the same QC in place. All rv's are not created equally, even with a common owner in place. Hopefully they get their issues ironed out and get back to where they used to be, and to where some currently are.
I get that. It's good for us to keep a persons 'experience' in perspective when they are discussing the QA/QC of an item they don't own. Kind of like me saying the new Lamborghini Huracan Spyder doesn't drive as well as the Diablo

I've only driven one of them.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #16

I'd like to be able to say that I have a great trailer. Only time will tell that tale. We've only spent one night in it after taking delivery on August 3. Having just sold our second TT, a Forest River product, I think this one's going to be better. I did a lot of research on the structural parts of these things and this one's what I came up with. I can find nothing wrong with it...... yet. Everything about it seems better made and better built. It was manufactured before the Thor buyout, but I don't think that means much. Maybe it was built on a Wednesday...
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #17

Please don't get me wrong, I think Jayco quality is as good or perhaps better than many other brands and Jayco has been great about fixing my issues. I was just surprised at the myriad of problems I experienced. I sold a Keystone Colorado when I bought my Jayco and the look and feel of the Jayco seems better.

dmac is offline   Reply With Quote