Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Jayco Qualiy

First let me start by saying my dealer is great. They have bent over backwards for us. Jayco on the other hand sucks! We have a 2015 27.5 RLTS and nothing but problems. When I say problems everything for trim falling off to doors falling off. Refrigerator not working to the back wall being replaced because of water damage from leaking. I just picked up the camper from the dealer because the drip edge over one of the slides was installed wrong and Jayco would not cover because the warranty is up. My dealer stepped up and corrected the problem. Today I went out and opened the camper up to check the seals and condition them. The seal above the bedroom slide is only being held on by the two screws and the crappy glue job didn't work! I am not sure but at this rate the camper will fall apart before its 3 years old. Any suggestions of what course I need to take?
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #2

I had a 2015 HT 28.5 RSTS and had many of the same problems you addressed plus more. I became so frustrated I traded it in on a new Eagle 317RLOK. Hope it is more trouble free.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:46 AM   #3

Sad to say Jayco didn't seem to surprised when I contacted them about the drip edge, they just told me to contact the dealer. This is our first camper we have owned and think the last Jayco. We pay a pricey amount for an inferior product.
rbintheup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #4

I have had great luck dealing with Jayco directly. I would suggest you call them, advise you have talked to your dealer first and then be persistent. Now the factory can't treat the cosmetics (doors, trim, etc) buy definitely address the wall repair causing power issues for the fridge. Did you buy this one new or used? If new, build off previous repairs to lead to current issues. Use both your dealer and the manufacturer to your advantage depending on level of repair.

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday