Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2017, 06:13 PM   #1

MorRyde Step Above Steps - ????

We were just at the Camper Show and seen lots of 5th wheels with the new MorRyde Step Above steps. Does anyone have these/installed these? I have a Eagle HT 29.5BHDS and was interested in putting these one. I will need to alter the prop shaft on the door.
tledwards25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #2

Here's a look...

The StepAboveā„¢ is the Next Generation of RV Steps for Stable and Secure Footing.

I don't think I'd want any step system that folds into the camper. Just one more thing to clean before folding it in so it doesn't make a mess inside. And what if it's raining when it's time to put them away? They'll be taking some water in with them. I can see how they'd be helpful for people just not me...

Be sure to post up the mod if you end up installing them.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #3

I seen another detailed post about these a couple months ago; I will look for it but try searching the forums.

I like them too but concur With SouthCo, there could be some definite disadvantages to storing them inside. I think the other post talked about a quick disconnect and loading them in the truck bed or basement. Additional concern I'd for varying heights of campsites. I believe it adjust for door sill height but not for variance between step legs (right and left) if on an unpaved site.

Pls post what you find and if you mod

2015 Jayco Pinnacle FLSA & 2008 Chevy Duramax

Anxiously awaiting retirement where I have been told everyday is a Saturday
Old 02-12-2017, 07:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Here's a look...

The StepAboveā„¢ is the Next Generation of RV Steps for Stable and Secure Footing.

I don't think I'd want any step system that folds into the camper. Just one more thing to clean before folding it in so it doesn't make a mess inside. And what if it's raining when it's time to put them away? They'll be taking some water in with them. I can see how they'd be helpful for people just not me...

Be sure to post up the mod if you end up installing them.
I agree. I'm sure they work fine, but dirty steps inside? I'm sure I would forget to sweep them off and then a mess inside when I opened back up - Surprise.

I have the Glow Step Revolution by Torqlift. Mine has been in service for a year now and it is superb and folds up right where the original step did "outside".
Attached Thumbnails
20160414_083409.jpg   20160411_084733.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:55 PM   #5

Don't they make the steps 'wobbly ones' they talk about? They look good only issue I can think of is in really uneven places and the arms not being long enough, also auto levers need to stow while moving to level and maybe the dogs get tangled... wonder what they cost.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
imjustdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:36 PM   #6

I saw these when looking for the last RV. I have jacks for the steps from a previous RV and find that a cleaner, easier way to make the steps more stable.

Link here from Camping world.
RayPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #7

I will surely consider this, when our new Camper is ready ...looks very stable
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:30 AM   #8

When I saw these new steps at the Indy RV Show, I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread. Like others have stated, not sure if I want to have to clean another thing before stowaway. I've had one of these Camco RV Step Brace Stabilizer Camper Trailer Ladder Leveler Support Safety Part for quite awhile now and it does a pretty good job of stabilizing the steps. Same as Ray.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote