New 321RSTS owners with some questions
Hi - I'm new here and we purchased a 2016 Jayco 321RSTS a month ago and so far love it...except for one of the Schwintek slides. It's been back once for binding and will need to go back again because it returned. We realize that every new camper will have some work that needs "finished" and most of the other things are small and can wait until end of season and I'll do some myself.
We have a couple of 3 day weekend trips on it and have noticed some things. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these and/or maybe things we should add to our dealer list?
1. The black and grey tanks stay on E for a long time, hit 1/3 for a very short period, then to 2/3. Anyone else notice this or maybe our sensors were randomly drilled like other things were on the trailer. Our previous 2 trailers were pretty linear with these.
2. One of the bedroom AC vents barely blows anything out and it doesn't matter which unit is running.
3. On both AC units, the high/low works when on Cool but doesn't do anything when just on fan. This how it's supposed to work?
4. If I turn the main awning lights on with the Linc there is no way to turn them off from the inside. The switch for the main lights is an on/off type. The 2nd awning I can turn the lights on with the Linc and off inside because it is a toggle switch. Seems both should be toggle switches?
5. When you fill your fresh tank do you run until water comes out of the overflow or until gauge hits F? My first 2 trailers they said to fill until overflow but the owner's manual says to stop once F shows.
6. Is there a way to powerfill the tank and get water into the hot water heater at the same time? Turning on the pump while doing this doesn't seem to do the trick. I had to stop filling, turn knobs and pump on, then go back to filling once full.
We think we are really going to enjoy this camper and just need to get the slide binding resolved. A lot of features of the Jaycos stood out over the others in our price range. The first thing I did to the trailer was install motion light in hall so we don't fall down the stairs to open the bathroom door at night. Rumor has it they changed it to a pocket door for 2017 which is smart.