Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
Welcome to the forum. We purchased a 2012 351RLTS in November and really like it. We left for Florida 1 week after taking delivery and have had almost no problems. Some minor but overall very pleased. It is like having our own condo. I tow it with a Dodge 2500 Cumins. Unit and truck set level and tows well. Thought I might need air bags, but now glad I didn't purchase them as I don't need them. We also really like the thermo windows.

Have fun!

hausknwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #12
Nice Choice. We are hoping to order our 321RLTS in a week or so. The slight difference in weight between the 351 and 321 will keep me from having to upgrade my license from DZ to A(R). In Ontario, the A is for Road Tractor (Semi) and the R is restriction for a combination when the toad vehicle is over 4600 kilos (10,141 lbs) even though it is only a 3/4 ton pickup/trailer combination. That classification would require yearly medicals and after the age of 65 a yearly rewrite. Lots of bother!
As for air springs, I started to look at air ride pin boxes and realized that in fact air springs would do the same thing, after talking to a co worker that uses them on the same truck as mine for towing a trailer to move a back hoe from job site to job site. The second feature was the ability to raise and lower the truck box containing the hitch, reducing the travel of the front leveling jacks and the ability to level out the combination. So I opted for the deluxe package and had an on board compressor added. It has been very handy for manouverability and dampering the rough roads. Now with the option of the Mor/ryde pin box it should be even smoother.

Married To The Navigator
2005 Red GMC Duramax 4X4 HD Crew Cab
2012 321RLTS
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #13
Finally found one in Illinois and drove 2 hours one way to look at it yesterday - very nice! Long trip, yes, but worth it and glad we finally got to see one. Congrats on yours.

wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote