Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #1

roof cover for winter

any ideas?
I just threw away $400+ dollars on a camper cover ...ripped ...rain gutter and other edges made it use-less.
Thinking about a heavy Duty duty tarp.
Looking for suggestions......
I know a $40,000.00 building would solve the problem.
heartshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #2

I have been using Elements RV covers for 3 years on my last trailer 2012 26BH (Sold cover after trailer sold) and now am on the second year of a new cover for my 2016 28BHBE.
I put a cross slit on tennis balls and place them over the rain gutters and put pool noodles at other sharp edges like the bottom of the steps box. Never had any issues.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #3

Tarp is a bad idea, it can trap moisture inside. $40K building is probably very nice. I bought a $2400 installed carport from Storage Buildings, Garages, Carports, Horse Barns & Gazebo Kits . Best money I every spent.

Keeps rain and snow off the roof, keeps leaves and sticks off the roof, easy to drive under and drive away from. No climbing on/off the roof, no storing a wet/dirty cover.

Allows me to keep window's open year round to prevent moisture buildup. Allows me easy access to load and unload, even in poor weather.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:57 PM   #4

I use a tarp just for the roof and this should be my 4th winter and no problems. I use a few pool noodles perpendicular to the roof edge and that allows enough air to move around and I have 0 problems. I also run a de-humidifier 24/7 and my canvas has no mildew on the inside.