Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #1

Sanitizing water tank on 2013 Pinnacle

My Pinnacle does have the sanitize option and it works the same way that the winterize option works. I can suck water with bleach in it and it will go through all my water lines. This is great, but I want to sanitize the fresh water holding tank too. How do I get bleach into that tank??
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #2

Set the water control to "country fill". The pump will suck the contents of your bleach water container into the tank.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #3

Thanks alot for the info....appreciate it.
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken&Ruth View Post
My Pinnacle does have the sanitize option and it works the same way that the winterize option works. I can suck water with bleach in it and it will go through all my water lines. This is great, but I want to sanitize the fresh water holding tank too. How do I get bleach into that tank??
Had a question on the water filters in the units, so when you do the sanitize options I assume you need to remove the main coach water filter, but what about the filter in the fridge? I have the residential fridge with water and ice maker, trying to figure out the best way to clean everything without putting bleach in my drinking water or ice cubes....lol
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Had a question on the water filters in the units, so when you do the sanitize options I assume you need to remove the main coach water filter, but what about the filter in the fridge? I have the residential fridge with water and ice maker, trying to figure out the best way to clean everything without putting bleach in my drinking water or ice cubes....lol
I assume you are drinking the water from your fridge and putting the ice cubes in your beverages where they melt and you consume the melted ice right? The entire point of sanitizing the water system is to make is safe to drink. So sanitizing the waterlines going to the toilet are probably less of a concern than the lines going to the fridge and in the fridge. Or I would assume..

Realistically bleach in low doses isn't going to kill you. It is what municipal water providers add to the water anyhow. Also if getting water from a lake if you don't want to boil it you add a bit of bleach before consumption. If the filter part bothers you, did your fridge come with a filter bypass? I know my home fridge did and we use it since we have a RO system feeding the fridge water much cleaner than what the little filter would do anyhow. Just bypass it while sanitizing and then when done put in a new filter. You really only need to do this once a year and the filters should be replaced once a year so if you don't have a bypass, just sanitize with the old filter in place. Then run a bunch of water through the fridge after sanitizing is done to get the bleach out and throw out your first few batches of ice. Then slap in that new fridge filter. You will be fine after that.