Just thought I would let you folks know that my repair work on the hot water heater bypass valve from last fall when I winterized seems to have worked out just fine. Put water in the FW this afternoon and pressurized the system to see if I got a leak in the bypass valve that I repaired. Didn't seem to leak and I was getting water out of all the faucets and the toilet, including the inside and outside showers. So, then I went to drain the heater and didn't get any water out of it so started looking around it and, this dummy switched the valves around when trying to fill the tank. So, after beating myself around the head for a few minutes, switched the valves, filled the heater tank up and, walla!!!!, water from the hot water tank and, still, no leaks. So, then I turned everything off and drained everything. Seems like my little repair job is holding and will work fine. Now to get to going somewhere where we can use the FW for its intended use. Drained the lines since it has been below freezing around here most morning for the last week. Didn't want to take a chance since it really doesn't take much time to do it.
Also, tried the olive oil in the toilet that someone suggested and what a difference from putting the anti-freeze in it. Nothing evaporated and it looks like it worked just like they said it would. Only problem was the little ring around the toilet, but a little wipe with a rag took care of that too. Also, while doing this I also got to wash and dry my wife's car. So, all in all, a good afternoon. And, the rhubarb is coming in great, not so much for stuff I planted last week, but hope is not lost.
2012 GMC 2500HD D/A Crewcab
2012 Jayco Eagle SuperLite HT 26.5 RLS
2009 Crestliner Superhawk 1900
2013 Polaris Sportsman 550 EXP
2008 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2