Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2015, 04:47 PM   #1

Winterizing 2015 pinnacle

Just wondering how to winterized our pinnacle, I looked in the manual and tells you what valves to turn off and switch to the winterized to bypass water heater but wondering what to do about ice maker line and wash Machine water lines, we have never used the ice maker and do not have a washer dryer, but worried about water in those lines. And getting water out and anti freeze in,would love to hear from anyone who knows what to do.
gdemorest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #2

The easiest way to winterize these big fifth wheels is to pay the $89 the dealership charges for their drive thru winterization special.
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
The easiest way to winterize these big fifth wheels is to pay the $89 the dealership charges for their drive thru winterization special.
Better yet, head South...
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Better yet, head South...
One day....one day....
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdemorest View Post
Just wondering how to winterized our pinnacle, I looked in the manual and tells you what valves to turn off and switch to the winterized to bypass water heater but wondering what to do about ice maker line and wash Machine water lines, we have never used the ice maker and do not have a washer dryer, but worried about water in those lines. And getting water out and anti freeze in,would love to hear from anyone who knows what to do.
After you have bypassed and drained the hot water heater...

You should have a hose that will drop into a gallon of anti-freeze and also screw into your water inlet.

You have a water pump switch in the water hook-up cubby, put the siphon rig in a jug of anti freeze and turn on the pump - head to the bathroom (38FLSA) - or the farthest water outlets in the camper, and open them, one at a time until you see anti freeze - make sure to monitor the jug, as it gets low, turn pump off, and sap into new jug. - each water outlet needs to be flushed until AF runs out.

Shower - Toilet, Sinks, don't forget the outside shower....

Low point drains - once you have the inside done, go outside - see the "low point drain" stickers all around (I have 4 ) - use a pan, or tub, and open each one until you get AF... Lines are winterized...

Tanks...

Once this is complete - I drain my grey and black tanks, and then add about 2 gal to each tank, pouring down each drain.

Generator...
Fill fuel level, and use a stabilizer - I use Sta-Bil. I always change the oil and filter at the end of each season - maybe overkill, but I do it anyways.

Roof...
I use "BEST Roof Conditioner" - and scrub the rubber roof to condition it at the end of the season. - If I've been in the woods a ton, I'll do this mid-season in addition to just before winterization.

Tires/Axel...
Check the tires, inspect them inside and out. - Axels - repack if you put a ton of miles on them, if not inspect and ensure nothing is oozing, loose, or looks out of order.

Clean up, use Damp-rid buckets in all major areas, and we also use moth balls in zip lock bags with holes in them in our empty low spaces.

I do not have my checklist here, it's in the camper at the lake. I'll double check it this weekend, and if I missed anything major, I'll post back.

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #6

I have the same question as the OP. I have a 375BHFS that the dealer just winterized for me last week. The tech let me walk through with him as I was concerned with the residential fridge.

First off, you can't run anything through the water dispenser on the door or the ice maker without the refrigerator water filter installed. So now I need to replace that come spring because I contaminated it with antifreeze.

I wanted to use compressed air but my dealer told me they only use the antifreeze method.
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:10 PM   #7

The tech also said that as long as there isn't a "check valve" (like the city water connection) then there is no need to run antifreeze through it.

That was his answer when I asked about running antifreeze through the black tank flush lines. He claims those are simply gravity fed and the water just runs out of them.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #8

I found myself in the same position you are, how to protect the refrigerator. Certainly has me wondering if the residential refrigerator option is a good idea for those of us living in northern climes. I spoke with the dealer who recommended anti freeze and said to just plan on replacing the filter. A filter is 42.00 and I hate the idea of replacing it before ever using it. My next door neighbor winters in California and said that he uses air to winterize the refrigerator in his house. Claims he's never had a problem. So, I'm going to give it a try and hope I don't end up kicking myself next Spring. I ran air through the refrigerator until no more water came out of either the water dispenser or the ice maker. I had to manually operate the ice maker, but it seemed to do the trick. Once it was clear of water, I closed valves on the water supply to the refrigerator then used anti freeze on the rest of the trailer. I guess we'll see.

Good luck.

Jim
mtdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #9
Site Team

My buddy is doing the same thing with his as the last poster, mtdawg.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #10

Thanks guys. I will have to try that for next year I guess.

Off to shop for my new filters now. Blah
Old 10-16-2015, 05:52 AM   #11

I'll be using the air method to winterize mine. Did the same thing with my TT I had. I just wrap electrical tape around the end of a blow fitting and hold it into the city water inlet after running the water pump dry. Open each tap inside while blowing air in. Then I dump anti-freeze down each drain and some down the toilet to get it into the black tank. I don't have a res fridge though. Mine is a '14 361REQS.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #12

If you have a Frigidaire refer they sell a "by-pass" cartridge on their website so you won't ruin a good filter while winterizing. Also, if your unit has a filter on the city water inlet you might not need the filter in the fridge. Just leave the "by-pass" in so you can flow water to the ice maker.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:16 PM   #13

Thank you so much for sharing Fingerlakes. This is kind of upsetting though at the same time. I only used my North Point on 4 trips before having to winterize it. For those 4 trips I made ZERO ice cubes with my Frigidaire Fridge and ran NO water through the filter.

When I went to have it winterized at my dealer, I went through it with the tech. He didn't know about the bypass of course.

Why isn't Jayco sending this out with the new units? I think a call may in order to them to check on these bypass units.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:37 AM   #14

For your washer, here's what I do. With the winterizing hose in the jug of AF, pump on, I turn the washer on with the water temps, set to warm. I wait until I see the AF in the detergent dispenser and then give that 5 seconds or so. That means the water lines now have AF in them. I pour several cups of AF in the drum of the washer then set it to the spin cycle. This now puts AF in the pump and drain line. Then lastly I pour another few cups again into the drum and leave it there.
https://fivejustrolling.blogspot.com/
Ken&Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #15

So to clarify, if I use antifreeze method per manufacturers instructions, I don't need to use the air method first correct? It is somewhat confusing in my 2015-2016 Seismic manual (similar to Pinnacle and NP). Seems like a waste of time as long as you go through the draining process first and then do the antifreeze process. I will probably blow out the black tank flushers though.
P25ct is offline   Reply With Quote