Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2016, 09:46 AM   #11
We bought one about a year and a half ago (2015 model). Kept it less than 6 months and traded for a unit from another Jayco division. The 23RB was just too small and cramped. Our new unit is a foot shorter but has 2 slides. Seems to be about twice the size of the 23RB.

There were no problems with the unit it was just small for us. It's just the wife and me plus a Jack Russell.

Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #12
I have a 2015 23RB and we love it. Just e, my wife, and our dog its the perfect size. After year 1, its in the shop for warranty work. 1 back running light is faulty, a wiring issue, leaking under the bathroom sink, and a cracked shower faucet. I can't find anything to complain about or any additional needs that I have. We've travelled to NJ and back, a 12 hour drive and boon docked in Wal-Mart parking lots, have had full hookups at campgrounds, and dry camp for Indy 500 and NASCAR, all without issue. It's tight in the kitchen area when my wife is cooking and we are inside during rainstorms, but we make it work, and try to be outside as much as possible anyway.

Looking forward to getting her out again for year 2.

Good Luck with your decision and happy camping!

rtiedeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #13
We have a 2012 Starcraft 235fb, which is a twin to the Jayco 23RB. (Jayco owns Starcraft and during the economic downturn, our 235fb was actually made on the Jayco production line). The floorplans and interiors are identical except the bathroom has the closet and the shower on opposite sides.

We have had this camper for 3 years now and we love it. There are just two of us and we didn't want a slide. As others have said, the small trailer allows us to get into smaller campsites that larger trailers won't fit. I agree that there is no counterspace for food prep, but you can add a fold-down counter extension on the end of the sink counter.

We have had few problems with the camper, and none that I couldn't easily fix by myself. In short, this trailer works very well for a couple. And for the occasional time that an adult daughter comes along for a weekend, the couch folds down (but it isn't very comfortable).

dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote