Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #11
I think we got every available upgrade, but the one I have noticed the most going back and forth between campers, is the Glacier package. On nights it gets down in the 30's our floor stays warm and I don't need socks, versus mother in laws, where the floor is cold. Enjoy !!!!

'05 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Bighorn 4x4
'12 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 298 RES
05hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Thumbs up 2011 Jayco RES298

Bought the RES298 last year. Removed the 2 swivel rockers and replace with with 2 mid size lazy boy rocker recliner in a deep forest green color. The color went great with the coffee interior. Mounted a 400 watt inverter in side where the TV pops up so you can run the TV in remote areas without running the generator. The model we have does not have the Fireplace as we liked the full view of the rear window. The couch air bed is very comfortable. With a 1 1/2" obus foam on it, it still manages to fold up when you put it back in a couch. We put soft foam around the power outlet behind the couch so it will not cut the air mattress (straps hold the air matress in place when deflated). We also put a 4" obus foam on the main bed. Excellent choice. We made a table that flips up to the right of the sink. Allows for more room when cooking. Just remember to flip it down when you close the small slide. Put a wall light switch on the bedroom wall so you don't have to reach up for the light switch. Also switch all interior lights to LED lighting. With all interior lights on, LED uses 55 watt compare to the regular bulbs 550 watts. Great for wilderness camping when the generator isn't running. These are just some of the improvements I did to the Trailer.
Overall the trailer is great. Very roomy and nice and high off the ground. I pull this trailer with a 2010 - 1500 GMC Crew cab 5'8" box, 5.3 Engine with 6 speed. Truck is rated to tow 9400lbs. Trailer tows very acceptable with this truck. Fuel mile age ranges from 10 - 14 miles to the Canadian gallon ( depending on speed and terrain).....Jim

2010 GMC 1500 Crewcab 5.3 Liter 6 Speed Auto
2011 Jayco Eagle Super Light RES298

Bigjim is offline   Reply With Quote