Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2017, 06:10 AM   #1

Couple of things with the new 34RSBS

Overall, we are incredibly happy with the TT. Couple of minor issues if anyone has an opinion.

The 2 wall outlets by the bedroom TV have no power. Fuse is good, Charging station is on same fuse circuit and it is good. Probably a wiring issue?

The water pump is on the loud and vibrating side. Not crazy, but I was surprised. I know they aren't whisper quiet anyway but does anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it?

When I extend the Schwintek slide, it goes out about a foot and stops. If I back it up a couple of inches, then move it out again it completes the extension with no issues. I know there's a reset/sync procedure but it's not a big enough problem to mess with quiet yet.

Thanks!!
2 x Golden Retrievers
dangerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

Interesting on the slide issue, did it work fine at the dealer?
Keep us posted on what you find out, especially w the no power to the outlets.
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #3

The slide was out during my walk through, and it comes in just fine. It actually goes out just fine too except for that glitch.

Obviously the Scwintek slides have an advantage that's above my pay grade to understand..... but you can tell that slide controller is constantly trying to keep track of the motor rotations. One side or the other will move just a bit more/less as it's working it's way in or out.

I work in technology and am therefore instantly suspicious of tricky things like a software driven slide controller.
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdave View Post
Overall, we are incredibly happy with the TT. Couple of minor issues if anyone has an opinion.

The 2 wall outlets by the bedroom TV have no power. Fuse is good, Charging station is on same fuse circuit and it is good. Probably a wiring issue?

The water pump is on the loud and vibrating side. Not crazy, but I was surprised. I know they aren't whisper quiet anyway but does anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it?

When I extend the Schwintek slide, it goes out about a foot and stops. If I back it up a couple of inches, then move it out again it completes the extension with no issues. I know there's a reset/sync procedure but it's not a big enough problem to mess with quiet yet.

Thanks!!
In regards to your water pump, do you have access? Try activating the pump and see if the hoses are touching any parts of the trailer, if they are touching anything then cover that area of the hose with pipe insulation to quell the vibration. Mine was laying on the cabinet frame under the sink and vibrating throughout the kitchen. Good Luck !
denn888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

[QUOTE=dangerdave;563067]Overall, we are incredibly happy with the TT. Couple of minor issues if anyone has an opinion.

Danger-

Are you talking about 110v AC outlets? They won't be on the same circuits as your charging (DC 12v) station. The AC breakers are all good too?

I'm just throwing this out there but don't have your camper.

Jeff

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #6

den888 - that's exactly where mine is and what it is doing too. I removed the wood panel and looked at it yesterday. Lot's under there, but the pump itself didn't seem to vibrate too badly. Almost more the shelf. I'll look into the dampening.

Jeff- Interesting, I got my circuit info from the paper inside the control panel. I'll poke around some more.

Thanks!
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 06-15-2018, 07:17 PM   #7

Dangerdave,

I have a 2017 34RSBS and when my Schwintek Slide (entertainment center, refrigerator and stove) is extended the slide is unlevel and it feels like you are standing on a slope. Have you noticed anything like that with your 34RSBS?

thanks
sgmflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:44 AM   #8

No, can't say that's a problem at all with mine. After they replaced the one motor it works great.

I'm always waiting for the next shoe to drop though.....
2 x Golden Retrievers
Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 AM   #9

I'll have to check my outlets when I get home. Our dealer told us quite clear that the Schwentek slide should never be stopped before full extension or full retraction, something about it'll throw off the motor gearing mechanisms. Also told us to hold that button until the motors come to a complete stop and you can hear them kinda "shut off".
I'm always a little paranoid because those are huge slides. But so far so good.
Haven't used the water pump much, generally try to stay at Full Serve sites.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote