Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2017, 05:43 AM   #1

CRT to Flat screen

Bought a 2007 ultra light 31t camper and in the rear corner there is an entertainment center on a 45' angle designed for an old crt style tv. I would like to change it out to a flat screen but am not sure what my options are. Didnt know if anyone has done this or has any pictures.
thanks
nick
rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:21 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack View Post
Bought a 2007 ultra light 31t camper and in the rear corner there is an entertainment center on a 45' angle designed for an old crt style tv. I would like to change it out to a flat screen but am not sure what my options are. Didnt know if anyone has done this or has any pictures.

thanks

nick

Usually you will have to deal with the different dimension from the aspect ratio differences. The best I have seen, had the flat screen mounted over the hole for the crt. No idea how it was mounted, but it looked like it was supposed to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #3

Would something like this work?
Extends in and out and sideways.

Corner Friendly Mounts Archives - Husky Mount
Old 09-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #4

Get a flat screen with the max width that will fit the opening. You will end up with a gap at the top as others have noted with the different aspect ration. You will also end up with unused space behind the new tv since the cabinets were made deeper to handle the old tv. Not much you can do about that other than remove the old enclosure. You should be able to mount the flat screen on the supplied table mount that comes with most sets. Using a little McGivering it is easy to secure it in place but still allow it to be removed if necessary.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #5

I don't have pictures, but have the same setup on our 2007 Jay Feather. I bought a 24" Insignia (this one made by LG) and mounted it using an Amazon Basics TV arm. I mounted the arm to the "wall between the TV cubby and the shelves for the "stereo" works like a charm and you get the area behind the TV for storage. I just use the strap for the old TV to stow the flatscreen while in transport by slinging it over the TV.

JeremyFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:27 PM   #6

Another I saw was a piece of finish ply mounted in front of the existing opening with piano hinge on top and a latch on bottom. Media player behind it with an IR repeater also mounted in the ply. Could get a bigger TV in with that method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:41 PM   #7

I too have seen some adding doors to the area and then using the doors to support the HDTV. Adding shelving inside the area and mounting the HDTV on the inside cabinet wall looks great too.. Mount a full shelve on the bottom and then mount a inside wall swivel Inside the area and allow the HDTV to remain inside the cabinet perhaps... Use the bottom shelve for the DVR etx... Do a search on google with different wording should give you pictures what others have done...

When i did mine with my 5th wheel trailer I found a shelf kit at LOWES called CLOSETMAID and made a nice looking bottom shelf and then used a side inside wall swivel mount to support the very light HDTV - repainted to match paint color...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #8

There are lots of options. I would measure the opening. Then go visit you local Best buy like store, with a photo of the spave. Then talk with the sales staff.

You can do a fixed wall mount, swivel mount. Some people unplug the tv, and place it on a bed while traveling.

There is nothing special about a tv on a camper. They can handle both the heat and cold.

So buy what you like, and install, with the method your both comfortable and like.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote