Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2016, 05:16 PM   #41

Thanks. I guess I have a phone call to make tomorrow.

nisbitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #42

And when they call you to come in for your PDI when the RV arrives you will find numerous fit and finish issues that can take at least another week. We have had our motorhome 6 months and it has been at the dealer with warranty issues for the past three weeks. There is no end in sight.

preceptjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #43

Just got word from the dealer after initiating the phone call that the trailer comes off the line Sept 1. Only 14 weeks in the making. Bye bye summer camping. Fall it is.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #44

Same here, we ordered a Hummingbird 17RK the last week of July because we were told it would be here in 8 wks and we figured we would get to use it a couple times before winter. We were also told we would have weekly updates during the build.

Now I'm hearing that Jayco won't even start building it until the last week in October.....seriously considering cancelling the order and just waiting until Spring.

I'm seeing the same theme with different people, dealer says 8 weeks and then it gets doubled. If they would've been straight up with me it would've been a lot better. Either dealers are making promises they know they can't fulfill or the factory is not properly informing the dealers of the current lead times.

I know in my line of business if I promise our client an equipment lead time it's going to make it on time one way or another and I'm always conservative when quoting lead times.
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 PM   #45

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
New, New.........there's demand, what put pressure on production. Hopeful they leave the assembly line in good finished condition.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:20 PM   #46

bwalton, did you ever get your TT? How's the quality of them with these long build times? Hope they're not rushing them out the door.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #47

I don't understand why these dealers are saying 6 to 8 weeks? I dealer said 8 to 12 weeks and it could be longer. That was in the winter time before all the RV shows when they get inundated with orders. I think some of these dealers are giving shorter estimates just to close the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #48

I doubt the dealers are using any real time information to estimate delivery schedules. They just tell you what they were experiencing last year on orders from the factory. Apparently deliveries schedules have extended and the dealers experience just hasn't caught up with reality yet. I doubt dealers would quote shorter times just to close a deal. That would be a sure fire way to have unhappy customers and most dealers don't want that. Customers are like wives in that happier is better than unhappy.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 11:07 AM   #49

I understand stuff happens. I just don't agree with me finding stuff out for the dealer instead of the dealer finding dates out and relaying it to me. Oh well.

Old 08-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I don't understand why these dealers are saying 6 to 8 weeks? I dealer said 8 to 12 weeks and it could be longer. That was in the winter time before all the RV shows when they get inundated with orders. I think some of these dealers are giving shorter estimates just to close the deal.

I was told 6-8 weeks by two separate dealers while shopping. But even after we initially were told 6-8 weeks, during a conversation I had with a Jayco rep, he even made a comment about how he didn't understand why some salesman tell people that and it is VERY rare for them to EVER put out a trailer in that short of a timeframe.

Then the real doozey was when I was negotiating with a salesman from a particular national chain RV dealership (that will remain nameless) tell me that it might even be sooner than that because they are the largest Jayco dealers in the country and that Jayco was going to be shutting down production for everyone else shortly and build trailers exclusively for them.

So I have no doubt that some will tell you what you want to hear.