Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Seann45 View Post
I never ever drink from the tap in my RV. I have bottled water for drinking.. the closest I come to ingesting water from my RV is when I brush my teeth.
X2...I have a reverse osmosis system at home. With that I fill and freeze (2) 2 gallon jugs for drinking water and coffee. I have a 5 Micron cartridge filter on the exterior for the incoming city water (shower, dishes, flushing)

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #12
Thanks everyone. We got our 32bhds last March and only camped at places that had city water. Then when the "boys" took the trailer to the "mudding" site did we have the problem. I was worried that filling the tanks would add too much weight to the trailer. But it makes sense to fill the tanks with about 10-15 gallons of water before leaving. Since our trailer has a gravity fill we will have to test the tanks to see how to long to run the hose to add the water. We also take lots of bottled water. Hopefully this year we can take more trips and learn much more. We have really enjoyed the trailer and slowly are overcoming our fears of towing a 36ft.

LesBevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
I'm new to the travel trailer but I spent MANY years cruising on small boats. I never had a freshwater tank I would trust for very long. I always carried fresh water bottles for drinking and just used the tank for washing dishes and showers. Usually a little chlorine kept the tank decent. Some folks I met along the may claimed the best treatment for a fresh water tank is a bottle of cheap vodka :-)>

2014 Jayco 154bh Travel Trailer w/brake control, anti-sway, and load balance
2007 RAV4 Sport 6cyl. w/OEM towing package

Kingston, NY
wesley47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #14
Lost in the Woods
Add a bottle of lemon juice to a full tank. This keeps the water fresh and brite and keeps junk from growing in it. I use about 16oz of lemon juice to about 40 gal. +/-.

wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote